Alright lads,
So, Icarus and I were tooling about on the internet in the recent past, and we came across this
https://www.playdiplomacy.com/index.php?msg=72
Its a board game called Diplomacy, and its a game about conquering Europe through military might and Diplomacy.
Now, I've not played it before, as it requires a fair number of players to do properly, seven players for a full game to be precise, and here I was wondering if anyone about here would be willing and or wanting to give it a go with me.

21 minutes ago, MadCast: LTTelamon said:

I'm not saying don't play it. I'm just saying this game is two things: 

1. Very long

2. Very cutthroat

You tried LT. Some people have to experience the consequences of their actions. ;) (I haven't played this game for over a decade by strong, strong choice.)

Hahahahahaha, drink makes everything lighter, in all seriousness though, anyone that takes a board game too seriously, would be typically no one that i would want to play with.

16 minutes ago, MadCast: majorhoward said:

Hahahahahaha, drink makes everything lighter, in all seriousness though, anyone that takes a board game too seriously, would be typically no one that i would want to play with.

It's a different feeling when you spend half an hour to an hour having a round of secret and public discussions about everyone's motives, you have personal, face-to-face exchanges of promises and support and plans, and even expecting a double cross, you still get screwed by someone (or occasionally, EVERYONE) you spent a lot of time having a discussion with. Then do that 5-7 times in a row. I don't look down at someone who gets invested and heated in such a situation. Other people think it's super rad and play it a few times a year every year with a specific group who is really into the whole constant backstabbing thing. 

Looks like it could be a good time.

I remember playing week long games of Risk with some old friends. Backroom meetings, underhanded dealings and broken alliances were all par for the course haha

9 hours ago, MadCast: Baal said:

Looks like it could be a good time.

I remember playing week long games of Risk with some old friends. Backroom meetings, underhanded dealings and broken alliances were all par for the course haha

You should play against me sometime, I have yet to lose but I've never had any serious competition 😉 I would be up to try this game but I'm not sure I'd be able to dedicate more than a couple hours to play it...

Awards

10 minutes ago, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

You should play against me sometime

Risk or Diplomacy?

Awards