Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: HyndeSyte2020

Picking WoW back up

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/8/15/17691090/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth-scheduling-casual-accessibility

I've been pretty impressed so far with the latest xpac. My boosted boomkin is sitting just shy of 117 right now and I've really been enjoying the game so far. I don't feel the need to race to max level and start grinding out gear and mats. The last xpac I subbed for any serious period of time was WOTLK and that was before kids and "adulting" took over. Now, between the oldest starting Kindergarten, commuting for work, running the ecomm shop and generally just being a present member of the family I find my time is not as free as it once was. This is partly what contributed to me not subbing over the last few xpacs but mostly it was the expected time sink to be able to do anything with groups. With BfA, It feels like you can actually play the game in small chunks and not just enjoy it but be relatively on pace with other people. I don't feel the need to spreadsheet the path to BiS and map out how many weeks of farming tokens or mats it will take to reach that; valor tokens anyone? The small chapters you get to experience are fun and wholly contained in themselves while connected loosely to the overall theme of BfA. It reminds me of what I and many other people liked so much about questing in SWTOR. Small, non-rendered cutscenes that add to the immersion and are tucked into the most unassuming of quest lines. That may change at 120 but I'm in no hurry.

For those of you that are thinking of subbing again or have written off the game in the past, I recommend the investment and spending a weekend or so reacquainting yourself with Azeroth. Of course, YMMV.

Edited by MadCast: HyndeSyte2020
Structure and clarity.

Nice, glad to see you're enjoying your return.

You're actually ahead of me, I've barely had any time to play between work and everything else. I hit 116 last night, and i'm averaging about 100 minutes per level lol.

6 hours ago, MadCast: rife170 said:

Nice, glad to see you're enjoying your return.

You're actually ahead of me, I've barely had any time to play between work and everything else. I hit 116 last night, and i'm averaging about 100 minutes per level lol.

I started in Zuldazar and am glad I did. That zone was huge but super cool. Especially having been a big BE fan during BC days and having just finished a tabletop campaign in Chult. Lots of parallels and nostalgia. Hmu in game if you want some questing company or whatever.

6 hours ago, MadCast: Sotarkadin said:

I just logged in for the 2nd time since Xpac launched I am 111.  So far I am enjoying.  So many changes though since I last played in February.

Lots of changes! That's been another piece of why I've stayed away from some of the other xpacs (MoP and WoD were nonstarters for me). There was always so much "pre-launch homework" and then the race mentality turned me off. Hmu in game!

Hey all, I've been playing on the regular since BFA launched, I have a 120 bm hunter and 120 disc priest both Horde BE's on Turalyon Server both nearing ilvl 340, we should set up an in game Madcast Community so we can communicate and group up across servers... you can do everything but Mythic Raids thru xrealm... anyone interested? Maybe even get more MC peeps to play if they knew we can group regardless of server now...?

Awards