Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Pushover

Replay Analysis Thread

Thought I would put a thread like this up again. If people want to post replays where you just weren't sure what you could have done better, are just unfamiliar with a role and want general tips, or if you want advice on how a group of you as a team could have played better, I am willing to take a look at it and offer some feedback.

If other people want to also step in to provide feedback, that would also be great.

I'm probably best at giving advice on top lane and bottom lane, but I can provide some feedback on general gameplay on all the roles. I know @MadCast: Lunalesk posted a thread gauging interest in replay analysis a little while ago, but it didn't really pick up much steam. If people just want me to look over the weekly League of Learning games for them, I can do that too.

EDIT: To save a replay, go to your Match History, then click on the button next to the match:

image.thumb.png.9e69676aba5d2a83ba78d9b2a73e91f5.png

Once finished, it will create a replay in your Documents/League of Legends/Replays folder.

In order to run someone else's replay, you need go to your League of Legends client (by default C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\[latest release, currently 0.0.1.235]\deploy). Right click on the executable and create a shortcut. Then go to the replay you want to run, select it, then hit Control-C. Then right click on the shortcut you made. Under Target, go to the end of the quote, press Space, then hit Control-V. This should paste the replay's path. Then double click the shortcut.

image.png.eddef6cf58cb98462407a85d0248bbc1.png

Edited by MadCast: Pushover

Awards

Step 1: Download the replay from the client, if you click on the match in your match history, there will be a download button.

Step 2: ??? (Not sure how you want to share the replay... Google Drive, maybe as attachment here, any file upload site, Dropbox).

Step 3: Profit.

Awards

You can upload the replay video to YouTube as a private video and just put the link here. It doesn't take more than a few minutes depending on your internet speed.

Awards

It would be best to use the .rofl file for this, rather than a recording, since it makes it easier to do things, like check how much gold people have, what items people have, etc.

EDIT: Looks like you can attach all but the largest replays to posts.

Edited by MadCast: Pushover

Awards

Updated OP with info on how to save/run replay files. Looks like everyone has a global ~25MB limit on attachments across the site, so while you can attach replay files, you can only fit about 1 replay before running out of space. 3rd party file hosting is still a reasonable alternative.

Awards