Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: bigdommer

Magic The Gathering Arena

Hey guys, I don't know how many people play magic the gathering or used to but they have a new online client in beta called arena.  It is a very dumbed down version of the magic online client and does not include most of the sets. I think it is just using Ravnica block and 2019 core, however, it is set up more like hearthstone where you can earn cards and currency through quests so it is definitely a much cheaper/free option if you just wanted to mess around and play online.

Awards

I can vouch for this being an amazing way to play Magic.  Nice client, cool graphics, easy to understand in comparison to the old outdated MTG:O client.  Awesome for a newcomer like myself.  Also, I have to give a huge shout out to both @MadCast: LTTelamon for teaching me the fundamentals of Magic over a dozen years ago, and another one to @MadCast: Disma who offered me a code to play in my first ever Sealed Event. I did him proud by maxing out with 7 wins!  WOOT.

Winnar!.png

This match took me FOREVER. End up winning though; Reassembling skeleton+Ravenous Harpy+Act of Treason saved me from his heavy hitters. 

@MadCast: bigdommer @MadCast: LTTelamon @MadCast: Sleepcoma

Right now I have 7k gold, so I just wanted to know if I should be buying packs, try some singleton, or just keep saving. What do you guys think?. 

Magic.png

i've been going heavy into buying packs.  my rational is that i'd rather have more cards to iron out like 3 decks and have the cards to fill them out than mess around in a competitive system before I have a decent deck.  Then again I'm pretty crappy at MTG games.  I have tons of fun playing them though.  Much more than Hearthstone anyway.  Can't wait until they implement a friends list system so people can play with their friends.

Awards

That Harpy is gigantic. 

I personally prefer to grind drafts, but I've put a little money into gems, so that's an easier option for me than for some.  If you have a good track record in successful drafts, that's the best way, I think.

If you're newer, I'd focus on making sure you finish your daily quests. I don't necessarily recommend buying packs personally, but if you're constructed focused, that may work. 

Right now I'm running a White/Black Vampire Lifelink deck.  Still working on the balance but its fun as hell to annoy people when they get me down to 4 HP and cant kill me because I get enough minions out that i can heal through their damage and do damage to them every time i heal.  I'm going to be trying to put together a few more decks to round out my set but for now I'm just messing around and having fun.

Awards

Oh man you have no idea. I ran into some guy that thought he was going to make people rage quit because he used a blue wall replication deck. He would get a 0/5 wall out maybe 2 then put a card in play that would duplicate a card. He never had any damaging cards just walls till the end of time. I'm sitting here like what the hell? Ok cute. . . . Got my vamps with life link out and the vamp card that deals damage directly to the player whenever a vampire attacks. He ended up with 10 0/5 walls out and died with me at 40+ hp because of the lifelink. That was such a satisfying game.

Awards