Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: doublestufforeo

Movies, movies, movies

I'm always looking to branch out and watch more films when I have downtime. It's a great way to spend an evening, especially with the winter coming in so harshly this early, (at least in Denver.)

What films do you recommend? Which ones do you think are total flops?

My Top 5 of recent films that I definitely recommend!

1) Call Me By Your Name

2) Three Billboards Outside Ebbings, MS

3) Ladybird

4) A Quiet Place

5) A Star Is Born

------

I haven't seen anything of late that I'd call a box office flop to stay away from, then again I completely missed Venom in theaters. 😆

Ok first of all Venom was FREAKING AMAZING and I even got a pleasant surprise at the end when they had Eminem record a song for the credits. Hmm, other somewhat new movies... I'm trying to not say anything from Marvel but that means I have no other recent movies. I wanted to watch Ocean's 8 but have not been able to yet, so let me know what you think if you have seen it.

11 hours ago, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

Ok first of all Venom was FREAKING AMAZING and I even got a pleasant surprise at the end when they had Eminem record a song for the credits. Hmm, other somewhat new movies... I'm trying to not say anything from Marvel but that means I have no other recent movies. I wanted to watch Ocean's 8 but have not been able to yet, so let me know what you think if you have seen it.

I'll check out Venom here soon. I thoroughly enjoyed Ocean's 8. I didn't have the background of the other 3, but I was looking forward to the casting of the film as it has some of my favorite actresses in it. It's a movie I'd watch again at home since I saw it in theaters, but it's not something I'd return to all the time. Once you know the plot, you know the plot. Still a definite worth it in my opinion.

I've seen the original 3 Oceans with my mom who loves them. I also wanted to get Ocean's 8 as a Christmas present for her because Sandra Bullock is one of her favorite actresses of all time.

17 hours ago, 3footmonkey said:

"Three Billboards Outside Ebbings, MS"

Just saw this a couple of months ago. Love it! I would watch Sam Rockwell eat cereal in a room alone though.

Ha, gay! 😂

Seriously though, agreed.