Sign in to follow this  
3footmonkey

Gencon

Hey guys!

I am an avid gencon attendee. I started in gencon 50 and went last year and have plans for next year! 

Do any of you guys go? 

Do you do meetups?

If you have never gone, live near Indiana, and have ANY interest in board games I totally suggest you guys go!

They have tons of stuff there not just board games. Cosplay, D&D groups, a huge artist gallery. Heck my friends made chainmail stuff the first year we went. It is super fun!

Edited by 3footmonkey

Yeah, I've been the past four or five years, and it's one of my favorite times of the whole year!  The goal of getting in as many games that would be next to impossible to play the rest of the year is the goal usually, but still tons of rounds of familiar favorites in between. Love it!

On 11/27/2018 at 10:49 PM, MadCast: Sleepcoma said:

Yeah, I've been the past four or five years, and it's one of my favorite times of the whole year!  The goal of getting in as many games that would be next to impossible to play the rest of the year is the goal usually, but still tons of rounds of familiar favorites in between. Love it!

Heck yeah! I have an avid gaming group I play with but we basically live in the BGG room. What do you usually do when you go? There just seems to be so much you can do we always seem to end up settling just playing new stuff as much as we can.

If you're looking for ideas may I suggest:

• Drunkenly wandering off alone only to be mistaken for a prostitute causing literally all of your friends to stop what they are doing to search for you
  • Bowling
  • A barefoot sprint through a grassy knoll
  • Showing up with no means of getting home, no idea what your address is, and asking someone at the very last moment to take you home because it's "on the way" but really turns out to be a 332 mile detour (yes I counted)

Or maybe just some board games? :crybaby:

I live in Indy, so I'm available for the same.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:42 PM, MadCast: RopesAreRad said:

I grew up in Indy, so if anyone is going and wants recommendations on places to go/eat and/or things to do just let me know - I'd be more than happy to give suggestions!

On 12/2/2018 at 11:00 PM, MadCast: LTTelamon said:

I live in Indy, so I'm available for the same.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:42 PM, MadCast: RopesAreRad said:

I grew up in Indy, so if anyone is going and wants recommendations on places to go/eat and/or things to do just let me know - I'd be more than happy to give suggestions!

That would be amazing!! Last time I went we were eating at the food trucks and at the mall area and I would much prefer something that is a little nicer. Everyone we asked was just like "eat at the food trucks they are great" but I would rather sit down after walking around at the con all day.