MadCast: Kitty Stark

Pineapple Pizza - PICK A SIDE

Pineapple on Pizza - PICK A SIDE  

42 members have voted

1. 1. The time has come to see who is on the right side of history... choose wisely, for you undoubtedly will affect the future of food forever.

• #PineapplePizzaPeople
    • Pizza conservatives
    • I'm a sinner and I don't eat pizza

WE FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHT TO EAT PIZZA THE WAY WE WANT!!!

If you cut your circular pizza into squares, have no objection to anchovies, or like stuffed crust, then shut up and sit down! I was a vegetarian for almost 5 years but I didn't suddenly start protesting meat toppings. Pizza is one of the foods that brings all kinds of people together... rich, poor, criminal, collegiate, tax evaders, elementary teachers, landscapers, tuba players, and everyone in between. Stop trying to divide us, and instead publicly post your decisive vote in this poll that obviously draws a clear line (ok a pie chart) between those who try to oppress food freedoms, and those of us who fight every day, valiantly, for the fat kid in the back of the bus who hides his feelings in a pizza that just might have fruit on top... and then those of you who don't care and just wasted your time reading this. 

Before you post your strongly worded opinion, educate yourself!

🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕

As a self proclaimed professional pizza connoisseur, there is nothing wrong with pineapple on pizza on the sole condition that some poor animal had to die to finish the rest of your toppings on pizza.

Pineapple pizza is a delicious misnomer as while it's tasty it's not pizza much in the way a cookie covered with a thin layer of ice cream and topped with candies and whip cream and chocolate drizzle can be delicious and look like a pizza it's not a pizza... looking at you dairy queen...

image.png.4214f8ccae7f4827430ddb4010675f06.png

Awards

4 minutes ago, MadCast: narucabra said:

Pineapple pizza is a delicious misnomer as while it's tasty it's not pizza much in the way a cookie covered with a thin layer of ice cream and topped with candies and whip cream and chocolate drizzle can be delicious and look like a pizza it's not a pizza... looking at you dairy queen...

4 of the family-owned pizza places where I live have a version of dessert pizza, and places like Dominos and Pizza Hut have cookie or chocolate pizzas as well. At that point you're splitting hairs at where the line of pizza vs flat-thing-with-stuff-on-top is drawn, but I could even call a flat quesadilla a pizza in some circumstances. It's important to be open-minded 😉

8 minutes ago, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

4 of the family-owned pizza places where I live have a version of dessert pizza, and places like Dominos and Pizza Hut have cookie or chocolate pizzas as well. At that point you're splitting hairs at where the line of pizza vs flat-thing-with-stuff-on-top is drawn, but I could even call a flat quesadilla a pizza in some circumstances. It's important to be open-minded 1f609.png

I like both clearly drawn lines and tasty food , I'm not above enjoying either just calling it pizza =P

Awards

I am far from a "Pizza Conservative," that said, out of the many, many toppings that go well on the delightful slab of flatbread slathered with sauce and covered in cheese, pineapple falls near the bottom.

While I find the sour sweetness to detract from a well made pie (the sauce is the most important part, fight me) I would be much happier if we let the issue die.

Pineapple pizza lovers can coexist with the civilized world, as long as you give up preaching about it.

(Vegans, Cyclists, Vapers, BitCoin traders, Apple users, and any other annoyingly zealous proponents of the cause du jour can take notes too)

:D

I'm both for and against.

The idea that pineapple is a normal topping is wrong. The idea that pineapple can be used as a supporting flavor is not. I've put fresh pineapple on a pizza before because it tasted better that way, because artisan pizzas are not the same as normal pizzas. 

Awards

Pineapple on pizza is super gross and an abomination, right along with the ham that typically goes with it.  HOWEVER, I love having other toppings some consider weird like jalapenos or a taco pizza or a hot wing pizza, or a bbq brisket pizza, so no judging from me. Get yo freak on! 🍍🍕

10 hours ago, MadCast: Baal said:

Pineapple pizza lovers can coexist with the civilized world, as long as you give up preaching about it.

Well to be frank, I made this post in response to the continued harassment of those who would smother us entirely because we talk casually about pineapple pizza. It's more of a defensive reaction than a preaching platform, whereas some of those against us are a bit more soap-boxed.

So I'm against pineapple on pizza on the condition that it's that canned crap thats been dumped without straining into some 1/8th pan, to sit in the prep area for hours past its life. To then have all it's nasty juices all over my pizza before it bakes.

I ain't about that life.

Pineapple on pizza is great, if you do it with fresh pineapple, AFTER BAKING. The only cooking method that you should be using on pineapple for pizza is grilling to bring out a nice char and a whole new layer of flavor to your pizza. If you aren't cutting fresh pineapple, I won't stand for it.

I'd rather you deliver me a whole pizza, with a whole fresh pineapple to cut on my own to top it, than to suffer the shit that comes out of that can.

Canned fruits are wrong.

Fight me.

Everything is a sandwhich if you try hard enough.

34 minutes ago, MadCast: The Prince said:

Seems fine to me. Also, a taco is a sandwich.

33 minutes ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

Pizza is an open-faced sandwich.

Everything is a sandwhich if you try hard enough.

5 hours ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

So I'm against pineapple on pizza on the condition that it's that canned crap thats been dumped without straining into some 1/8th pan, to sit in the prep area for hours past its life. To then have all it's nasty juices all over my pizza before it bakes.

I ain't about that life.

Pineapple on pizza is great, if you do it with fresh pineapple, AFTER BAKING. The only cooking method that you should be using on pineapple for pizza is grilling to bring out a nice char and a whole new layer of flavor to your pizza. If you aren't cutting fresh pineapple, I won't stand for it.

I'd rather you deliver me a whole pizza, with a whole fresh pineapple to cut on my own to top it, than to suffer the shit that comes out of that can.

Canned fruits are wrong.

Fight me.

Ok so you're ok with pineapple pizza so... ok? I mean I agree with your specifics but this in general is more of a "should it exist" query, which you did clearly answer 😉 I accept your standards!

Pineapple on pizza is wrong!

Pineapple is usually an overpowering taste and shrouds the pallet of the traditional pizza flavors (Flattened base of leavened wheat based dough, Cheese, Sauce and/or tomato topping and only ingredients that compliments lightly the already existing flavors brought together) .

You may as well just eat pineapple on its own as it DOES NOT compliment traditional pizza. (In Italy people actually get offended if they see a pizza ruined by pineapple so you will NEVER see it there)

Edited by MadCast: Daddy

Awards

7 minutes ago, MadCast: Daddy said:

Pineapple on pizza is wrong! Pineapple is usually an overpowering taste and shrouds the pallet of the traditional pizza flavors (Flattened base of leavened wheat based dough, Cheese, Sauce and/or tomato topping and only ingredients that compliments lightly the already existing flavors brought together) . You may as well just eat pineapple on its own as it DOES NOT compliment traditional pizza. (In Italy people actually get angry if they see a pizza ruined by pineapple so you will NEVER see it there)

A Margherita Pizza is pizza at its truest form. If a topping wouldn't work on that, it has no place on a pizza.

14 minutes ago, MadCast: Daddy said:

Pineapple on pizza is wrong!

Pineapple is usually an overpowering taste and shrouds the pallet of the traditional pizza flavors (Flattened base of leavened wheat based dough, Cheese, Sauce and/or tomato topping and only ingredients that compliments lightly the already existing flavors brought together) .

You may as well just eat pineapple on its own as it DOES NOT compliment traditional pizza. (In Italy people actually get offended if they see a pizza ruined by pineapple so you will NEVER see it there)

Your palate is not known to be representative of all palates or even a majority of them, sir.

ae3bcb3effcf94f973be600ac59213f9.jpg

@MadCast: Baal

American Style Pizza is about as Italian as Shrimp Fried Rice, in that both communities have access to Shrimp, Oil, and Rice, and then the similarities abruptly end.

169.jpg

Edited by MadCast: VoShay

32 minutes ago, MadCast: Daddy said:

So I presume this judgement can be applied to: meat lover's, supreme pizzas, anything with chicken wing sauce or ranch on it, and garlic pizza. Y'know, since they all are overpowering tastes in the face of the basics.

Just now, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

So I presume this judgement can be applied to: meat lover's, supreme pizzas, anything with chicken wing sauce or ranch on it, and garlic pizza. Y'know, since they all are overpowering tastes in the face of the basics.

Yes! the toppings should meld and blend with the flavours, never take over

Edited by MadCast: Daddy

Awards

21 minutes ago, MadCast: VoShay said:

Your palate is not known to be representative of all palates or even a majority of them, sir.

ae3bcb3effcf94f973be600ac59213f9.jpg

@MadCast: Baal

American Style Pizza is about as Italian as Shrimp Fried Rice, in that both communities have access to Shrimp, Oil, and Rice, and then the similarities abruptly end.

169.jpg

Did I say that I was representing the pallets of others?

No.

I am explaining the traditional flavors of a pizza that we all taste. Not based on what I think alone but based upon how PROFESSIONAL CHEFS view pizza and what they think the flavor profiles of a pizza should/need to be.

I am not saying I am  a professional or anything but many others like myself agree with those views.

Awards