MadCast: Kitty Stark

Pineapple Pizza - PICK A SIDE

Pineapple on Pizza - PICK A SIDE  

39 members have voted

1. 1. The time has come to see who is on the right side of history... choose wisely, for you undoubtedly will affect the future of food forever.

• #PineapplePizzaPeople
    • Pizza conservatives
    • I'm a sinner and I don't eat pizza

Pig is delicious.

Pig is more delicious with pineapple.

I will admit that while I will eat pizza from virtually anywhere, there is merit to making your own.  Chain Pizza and even Mom and Pop Shops tend to sugar the hell out of their sauce.  My wife made an amazing sauce that had much less sugar and a slew of other ingredients, and I vastly preferred pineapple with a less sweet tomato sauce.

The value of Canadian Bacon in this marriage is paramount.

1 hour ago, MadCast: Daddy said:

Did I say that I was representing the pallets of others?

No.

I am explaining the traditional flavors of a pizza that we all taste. Not based on what I think alone but based upon how PROFESSIONAL CHEFS view pizza and what they think the flavor profiles of a pizza should/need to be.

I am not saying I am  a professional or anything but many others like myself agree with those views.

Appeal to authority means bringing in an expert to make something true because that person is an expert. Such as Italy, or Chefs. As for the bolded part....

hw59w.jpg

🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍🍕🍍

Who's Deflecting I've been talking up Bacon and Pineapple pizza on Discord for weeks bruh.

6 hours ago, MadCast: Daddy said:

Pineapple is usually an overpowering taste and shrouds the pallet of the traditional pizza flavors (Flattened base of leavened wheat based dough, Cheese, Sauce and/or tomato topping and only ingredients that compliments lightly the already existing flavors brought together) .

You may as well just eat pineapple on its own as it DOES NOT compliment traditional pizza. (In Italy people actually get offended if they see a pizza ruined by pineapple so you will NEVER see it there)

Edited 6 hours ago by MadCast: Daddy

The thing is though, is it's not traditional pizza. 

For instance if I were to make a pineapple pizza I'd start with a good dough, and instead of a marinara base I'd season with crushed red pepper, and salt onto my dough with some good olive oil. You can then add a good salty melty cheese to place on top of it, and start assembling sort of like Margherita, maybe add some hazelnuts, proscuitto, sopressata, etc. I'd do a nice wilted arugula when it comes out, and add my pineapple with some char grill marks on it to bring out another layer of flavor.

It's all about working with the ingredients you have and building a proper flavor profile. The Hawaiian pizza is a cheap way of doing salty + sweet. I just absolutely despise that they put such an acidic fruit, on top of such an acidic base. I think that clashes so horribly. 

9 hours ago, MadCast: The Prince said:

I can ride with this. I tend to fold my pizza when I eat it anywho.

It actually is an open-faced sandwich though by definition. It was a huge debate when I was in college. (Culinary Arts major).

Lurama, no.

The acidity of the tomato with the acidity of the pineapple do not mix well together at all. The sauce isn't "salty" at all. I'm tired of that image being shared over and over when it's absolutely awful.

11 hours ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

Lurama, no.

The acidity of the tomato with the acidity of the pineapple do not mix well together at all. The sauce isn't "salty" at all. I'm tired of that image being shared over and over when it's absolutely awful.

Precisely, I post that to show the irony in the thought process that pineapple belongs on a pizza.

Ironically, I'm sitting here eating Pepperoni & Italian Sausage pizza without a care in the world while I look at all the pretty meme's being thrown about.

Please continue....

I think my biggest reason for not liking pineapple on pizza (Sorry Kitty) is the fact that the pineapple gets warm. In my opinion, warm pineapple tastes horrible, which is why I wouldn't put it anywhere near my warm pizza with melted cheese.

Now, these dessert and candy pizzas open up a whole new world that I didn't know about. Where are they, I need them for research purposes.

13 hours ago, Hitori said:

I think my biggest reason for not liking pineapple on pizza (Sorry Kitty) is the fact that the pineapple gets warm. In my opinion, warm pineapple tastes horrible, which is why I wouldn't put it anywhere near my warm pizza with melted cheese.

Now, these dessert and candy pizzas open up a whole new world that I didn't know about. Where are they, I need them for research purposes.

I forgive you even if you don't like eating it. This thread us more an argument in general on whether you think it should exist for some people to enjoy, or for some stupid reason want to try and ban a specific type of pizza for stuff&reasons.

Also cinnamon apple pie pizza is fantastic.

16 hours ago, Hitori said:

I vote yes

Ah shit, wrong subforum.