Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: doublestufforeo

Let's Play!

So at the moment there are quite a few wonderful Steam sales happening and I think it's a great time to get the community involved in new games!

For instance, Left 4 Dead 2 is only $2 USD right now. That game can support up to 8 players in a lobby at a time. I also thoroughly enjoy Borderlands 2, which you can get that, plus the entirety of the DLC's, and the Pre-Sequel for $15 USD.

Another personal favorite of mine is Portal 2, while it only holds 2 people in a game, it's also only $2 USD, and would make for a wonderful game to be had, especially for those who haven't played it yet. It's always wonderful to go through and play the puzzles after so long away, plus it's got a huge  community base that makes maps!

I'd love to hear your ideas for games that you'd love to see our community get into, and hopefully they'll be a reasonable price for the holidays so we can all come together a little more!

Awards

I have Portal 2 already 😉

Don't Starve Together is $5.99 USD and the limit is currently 6 players per server. I have experience running a server and I'd be glad to teach anyone new to the game, although I'm not an expert by any means. It's a lot easier with more people and I also use some mods on my server to make the vanilla experience a little bit easier for newer players.

Golf With Your Friends is $3.89 USD and can have 12 people per game. It doesn't take long to play, unless @MadCast: Support Welfare is sabotaging your every move. It's super easy to host and join, and there are a lot of fun options, like making the golf balls square, that keep each round fresh and fun.

Human: Fall Flat is $7.49 USD, another entertaining title that combines platforming with ridiculous physics and depends on cooperation to pass levels. You can have up to 8 people on one map, which is pure insanity, and it's something you have to see to understand. I recommend Jacksepticeye's Let's-Play. They also just added some free DLC for a new level which I haven't played yet.

Unturned is a free-to-play game that has a unique charm to it. It is funny, can be terrifying, and uses basic graphics that only add to the experience in my opinion. Running a server is a bit more complex (like Minecraft) and I don't have the funds to make one personally right now, but there are a good amount of reliable vanilla servers that can host up to 30 people. If you're interested, I know a lot more about that game and can teach anyone. It's not all that difficult once you know how to get started.

I'd be down to play Don't Starve Together again, the last time I played it, it was in early alpha still, and didn't have a lot of the biomes implemented compared to the base game.

I also would recommend Helldivers (see my other thread)

Awards