Sign in to follow this  
tiide

Intro - tiide

Hey guys, tiide here (2 i's, i ain't no ~ ). I'm pretty new, just started playing with the Destiny 2 guys... or catching up to the Destiny 2 guys, HOPING to start playing with them soon. I enjoy a variety of games, currently I'm playing D2, Path of Exile (currently on pause until the next season), just restarting Monster Hunter World on PC, dabbling a little in The Division and possibly Anthem when that comes out, and Final Fantasy XIV. I also have Overwatch, Rainbow Six: Seige, Diablo 3, Rocket League, League of Legends, Hero's of the Storm, Splatoon 2, World of Warcraft, and Guild Wars 2, but none of these I have played very recently (But could be very easily convinced to pick up most of them again). I found Madcast while searching on Reddit for a Destiny 2 group, specifically I was pawing through trying to find something that was more organized with a general gaming community in mind. When I saw the ad for Madcast it matched up to my goals and I contacted ThePrince pretty much immediately. I sat in on the Town Hall the other day and really liked what I heard from you guys. As an adult with an adult job and responsibilities having some kind of structure to my evenings gaming time sounds like a dream come true. Anyway before I get too rambly I should probably get back to work. Also I'd like to express my interest in applying for full membership.

Please feel free to contact me on any of the platforms listed on my profile (I'll be adding more as I remember them/when I get home to confirm)!

Happy to meet you Tiide! Just so you know I use ~ way more often than I should so it will be easy for me to keep your name separate. It was really smart of you to sit in on Town Hall no matter how new you are, because it gives a great in-depth perspective on what we are all currently working on and any upcoming events you may want to participate in. I'm looking forward to playing with you, hopefully in LoL and maybe D2 in the distant future... (I'm a filthy #SKRUB that won't finish the main game because I already know how it ends).

3 hours ago, tiide said:

Also I'd like to express my interest in applying for full membership.

You will be the first candidate to completely go through our reworked candidacy program! Another admin should officially post here soon with all the information you will need to read in order to have a successful candidacy. You should also feel free to reach out on Discord at any time, via the #candidate-chat channel, if you need help or just have questions. Good luck~

12 hours ago, tiide said:

Also I'd like to express my interest in applying for full membership

Just to confirm, you mean this as you want to apply for Full Membership and start the candidacy process? I know it's a little tedious, but I always try to err on the side of certainty so that no one is mistakenly put into the candidacy process when they didn't mean to be. 

6 hours ago, MadCast: Mike said:

Just to confirm, you mean this as you want to apply for Full Membership and start the candidacy process? 

Yup!

On 2/7/2019 at 6:31 AM, tiide said:

Yup!

Awesome! Now that we're back up and running I can pass along the information we were talking about earlier on Discord!

You are now a candidate for Full Membership. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag, as in [C] tiide. Additionally, you now have access to #candidates-chat. Please find a Candidate Coordinator for a full introduction and initial question and answer session. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a Full Member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast name tag, in your case, MadCast: tiide. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

* Please familiarize yourself with the
MadCast Code of Conduct that all community members must abide by. Check out the New to MadCast section for other bits of useful information!

* Be active on the forums! Check it regularly and participate when possible. If you find something interesting then share it! Chances are someone else will as well. Being active on the forums is an important habit to learn, and is one of the main criteria noticed during your candidacy.

* Join us on Discord! Even if you don't have a mic, you're welcome to listen in. Being active on Discord and playing with other members is the best way to be noticed around the community! Discord Server:
https://discord.gg/Cy5WX6B

*Use the #candidates-chat text channel to quickly get access to the entire network of current Full Members to ask any questions you may have, or to get eyes on your thread!

* Use the same name on the forums, Discord, and in-game when possible. If not possible, make sure people know who you are! We rely on feedback from our members when evaluating Full Membership and they can't post comments for you if they don't know who you are.

* Join the MadCast Public Group to make it easy for us to contact you, and for updates on Steam.

If you have questions regarding your candidacy or the process to become a Full Member, please attempt to contact current Full Members via #candidate-chat in Discord first. If your concern has to do with conduct or issues with another player, feel free to reach out to an admin.

Last but not least, the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on
can be found here.

Edited by MadCast: Mike