Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Sleepcoma

Overwatch Fantasy League for Season 2

Season 2 of Overwatch League is upon us! I've started a fantasy league and ITS Time to JOIN UP!

To join the Fantasy League go to: https://www.winstonslab.com/fantasy/joinLeague.php?id=4060 and use the PW "memes"

Robert_Paul_Dallas_Fuel_fans__6_17_18_.j

For anyone with a passing interest in Overwatch, the professional league has a lot of awesome things going for it.  The teams are anchored to city's, which allows local fanbases to build a connection and root for the "home" team.  The production value is high and great to watch, and this year they are adding a Command Center view on Twitch that lets you swap to any player's viewpoint or go for a top down view of the action. 

One of the best ways to make watching organized sports more exciting is to have a fantasy team.  It gives you a reason to get excited for a game, even if it's not your home team or one of their rivals.  Having a player on "your" team gives you a vested interest in rooting for them.  So with that in mind, I've started a Fantasy League for this season and would love to have some more MadCaster's fill out our ranks.

I am aiming for 10-12 participants, so join quickly before we fill up.  (if that happens quickly we can always spawn a secondary league)

I'd like to organize a live draft in the next week (probably Tuesday or Wednesday). But you do have the option of just submitted a ranked list and your team will be autodrafted for you.  It is structured as a snake draft (so if you get the first pick in the first round, you'd have the last pick in the second round, then 1st pick in third round, etc).

Draft Details:

• Each player can only be drafted once, the draft order is random
  • You have 1 minute to choose a player for each pick
  • Each of us will draft a 10-man roster (at least 2 Support, 2 Tank, 2 Offense players)
  • Each week you play against a different league member
  • Select 6 players from your 10-man roster to play for you during that week (at least 1Spt, 1Tank, 1Offense player)
  • Those 6 players score points depending on their performances, your benched players won't contribute to your teams' points
  • The team that scored the most points wins the match

Scoring Settings:

Offense/Flex

• +2 points for a Kill
  • -1 point for a Death
  • +1 point for getting an Ultimate
  • +2 points for getting the First Kill in a teamfight
  • -2 points for suffering the First Death in a teamfight

Tank

• +2 points for a Kill
  • -1 point for a Death
  • +3 points for getting an Ultimate
  • +4 points for getting the First Kill in a teamfight
  • -1 points for suffering the First Death in a teamfight

Support

• +3 points for a Kill
  • -1 point for a Death
  • +3 points for getting an Ultimate
  • +4 points for getting the First Kill in a teamfight
  • -2 points for suffering the First Death in a teamfight
  • +1.5 points for Ressurecting a teammate (points will be rounded)

RQ1F77E35WIP1544562269237.jpg

League Roster so far:

Scaldo

Mucker

Sotarkadin

Rix (my IRL buddy)

Sleepcoma

Default draft time it is!  Tonight at 11 PM we're going to see how this winston's lab draft tool works.  I'm used to the polished experience from ESPN and Yahoo for football, so who knows if they  have an autodraft in place or not, but we'll find out!