Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Usefully Useless

What I've been doing the last month (ish)

As some of you know, I haven't been on that much. My frustration at League boiled over and I tried different games but still could not get rid of all my built up anger and stress. 

***What I'm about to share is pretty personal, I'm very self-aware about it and this post is me kind of conquering it***

I had pretty much become a grumpy, raging asshat. From League of Learning to ranked games - it was becoming intolerable. That carried over to the other games I began trying.  My alcoholic behaviors that stemmed from PTSD began controlling most of my life and I had become the atypical fat, grumpy online d-bag. There are probably more than a handful of members who saw some very irritable behavior from me --- For that I apologize.

So, I started with the 2 biggest problems -- alcoholism and weight. It began slowly, cooking meals instead of fast food. Wine instead of beer. Slowly cutting portions back until I was comfortable making a big push. Switched to keto. Adjusted alcohol intake until my drinking is pretty much nonexistent. I'm the happiest I've been in years with more energy than I can remember in recent memory.

If you're wondering where I've been -- the gym right after work. Cooking and prepping meals. Making progress with my career and personal life that I have left on hold the last 3-4 years.

In the end, I've lost 30 pounds in about 5 weeks and have completely transformed myself physically, mentally, and emotionally.

** BEFORE AND AFTER PICS - No judging please**

Christmas picture with family and today.

48954547_10156108946162339_8039269881427787776_n.jpg

55443491_10102313666456374_6254460496037019648_o.jpg

Awards

Congratulations on your journey @MadCast: Usefully Useless. It takes a lot of strength to steer away from habits that are built up, and even more to make it consistent.

1 hour ago, MadCast: Usefully Useless said:

In the end, I've lost 30 pounds in about 5 weeks and have completely transformed myself physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Good for you dude! I can already notice the change in how you respond to things in game, I hope things continue to go well for you going forward. If you want to partake in the gains sharing, there's always the Better Fitness Friends thread to post in too!

Dude sign me up, I need that weight loss, even if it's just 10-20lbs, sadly it's tacked on over the last few years.  Glad you made a positive change! I feel like this is one of those "dang-yo" moments!

Edited by Craiden23

On 3/23/2019 at 7:39 PM, MadCast: Epic said:

Congratulations on your journey @MadCast: Usefully Useless. It takes a lot of strength to steer away from habits that are built up, and even more to make it consistent.

Good for you dude! I can already notice the change in how you respond to things in game, I hope things continue to go well for you going forward. If you want to partake in the gains sharing, there's always the Better Fitness Friends thread to post in too!

Thank you man! I hope it continues to get better!

20 hours ago, MadCast: VoShay said:

Great job man. Keep on that journey.

Thanks! I've had a couple of "cheat" meals and I felt like absolute crap for a few days so my incentive to stay on is pretty high.

17 hours ago, Craiden23 said:

Dude sign me up, I need that weight loss, even if it's just 10-20lbs, sadly it's tacked on over the last few years.  Glad you made a positive change! I feel like this is one of those "dang-yo" moments!

Hey man, I was always in super fit shape. All it took was a little bit of time to go down like that. If you ever are interested in doing keto or just about how I did everything, feel free to jump in my channel anytime.

Awards

On 3/23/2019 at 4:29 PM, MadCast: Usefully Useless said:

If you're wondering where I've been -- the gym right after work. Cooking and prepping meals. Making progress with my career and personal life that I have left on hold the last 3-4 years.

Happy for you UU. This is pretty much me minus the cooking and prepping meals. I'm so laaaaazy 😒.

10 hours ago, MadCast: DanKnee said:

Happy for you UU. This is pretty much me minus the cooking and prepping meals. I'm so laaaaazy 1f612.png.

Thanks man. It seems a lot harder than it really is. At first, I was super lazy and made it work. After about a week on keto you get a huge burst of energy and that's when I started cooking my meals and getting involved.

Awards

From Zac to Xin Zhao ;)

Buff Daddy!

Thanks for sharing UU. It's always tough to open yourself up to others and I appreciate you man. Much love man.

---

Very proud and happy for you!

On 4/8/2019 at 8:20 PM, MadCast: Suixide22 said:

@MadCast: Usefully Useless glad to hear you're on a foreward path my man. Keep on it, keeping it off is as rough as getting it off (formerly 250, now 170), stay on it!

Thanks buddy. I really appreciate it and well done to yourself brother!! 80 pounds lost is no slouch!!

1 hour ago, MadCast: Dez said:

From Zac to Xin Zhao ;)

Buff Daddy!

Thanks for sharing UU. It's always tough to open yourself up to others and I appreciate you man. Much love man.

---

Very proud and happy for you!

Thanks Dez, I appreciate you too buddy!

Awards

**UPDATE** Holding steady at a lost 40 pounds right now. This journey has helped me so much in many different ways and I'm thankful for starting and sticking with it.

If there's anyone interested in some weight loss or diet plans (specifically keto) , I highly encourage you to reach out to me or do some research and give it a shot. You might be surprised at how much it could improve your life!!

40down.jpg

Awards