Sign in to follow this  
MadCast Maday

12 years and more to come

Members of MadCast,

To begin, thank you to all the members who have been a part of 12 years of success.  MadCast has lived through three American presidents, the entire MCU catalogue, and two-and-change generations of video games.  Some of our members have found their spouses here. Some have formed friendships that have endured for years. We are proud to celebrate our anniversary with an event that has not occurred since our founding: the installation of two new Staff members.

It is no secret that the activity level and availability of some of the current Staff have waned as careers, relationships, and other personal reasons vie for their time.  While some wanted to take this step sooner, we just didn’t have potential successors available. One thing Staff have always kept of the same thought was that new Staff members should be self-evident; individuals who receive Staff invitations should not be a shock to anyone in the community.  Perhaps the timing may be a surprise, but knowing what these individuals are currently doing and what they have done speaks for themselves.

Today the MadCast Staff are proud to announce the promotion of MadCast: Epic and MadCast: RedJustice to our ranks. 

Epic joined MadCast in March of 2012, and has served as both an RFM and SFM over most of that time. In his tenure, Epic has held Head Admin roles for LoL and HotS and also led the now discontinued Mentor Program; outside of official roles, however, his passion for recruiting new members and developing long-running weekly events has had an out-sized impact on the sustainability of the community over the last seven years.

Red joined MadCast in April of 2013, and has since served as both an RFM and SFM.  Red has been a part of building several game branches over her tenure, including Guild Wars 2 and Wildstar. Many of her contributions are in a more private capacity, such as conversations with other admins and policy discussions on the forums; her perspective has been essential in challenging the community and its administration to refine and evolve our conventions while preserving our culture.

Please join us in congratulating and welcoming MadCast: Epic and MadCast: RedJustice to the rank of MadCast Staff!

Alongside this change, we would like to announce the creation of a new role in MadCast, the LFM (Legendary Full Member).  We value every member who has ever served in an admin rank. However, there are certain individuals whose impact will endure for as long as MadCast exists.  This new rank is intended to acknowledge their lasting contribution to the community. Please join us in honoring the inaugural LFMs: MadCast: Malacca, MadCast: Scooba, and MadCast: LTTelamon; from time to time, Staff may elect to grant this rank to other members. LFMs are exempt from losing their tags due to activity or contributions.

Additionally, we would like to announce the appointment of two new SFMs to fill the vacancies left by Red and Epic.  Based on the results of the last election, the Admin Team is happy to welcome back MadCast: Mike, and equally excited to welcome MadCast: KittyStark. We look forward to working with them through the end of Cycle XXXII, as everyone adjusts to these changes.

Finally, we would like to extend both an invitation and a challenge to the community at large: if you have a desire to serve the community, to build leadership skills, to work alongside thoughtful and dedicated individuals, there is no better time to step forward.  MadCast Administration can at times be hard or frustrating, but it is always rewarding. If you are interested in joining the Admin team, please contact Epic, Munsa, or Red.

:birthday::ughug:

I am so very happy for Epic & Red and extremely excited to see what the admin team will be able to accomplish moving forward.

Also an immense amount of gratitude to you, the community, for voting for me in the past and helping me become an SFM now. I appreciate every single one of you and will continue to work hard to prove that I'm worthy of your faith.

Congratulations to Epic and RedJustice for taking on an immense role and thank you for doing so many things to help the community over the years, thus earning the trust of the Founders and the support of the members. 

Congratulations to all the new admins, and generally, to anyone who has ever been dedicated enough to assume those duties and uphold those values.

Eternal gratitude to Tort and Maday, the proud founders of the best gaming community pound-for-pound the Internet could ever ask for. No matter how well you know them, it still boggles the mind to consider how much effort and time they poured into all of this, for so many years, and they did it for the love of the gam(e)(ing). 

I feel "legendary" may be an overstatement in my case, but I am honored to be recognized as a LFM. Although the frequency and consistency of my community time has diminished considerably the past few years, I still care about this community and feel genuine pride for its continued existence and ongoing commitment to fun, inclusiveness, support, and non-toxic gaming, while still allowing for a sense of humor and well-reasoned differences of opinion. The ability to create and implement a clear vision, the will and the effort to build, grow, and sustain a multi-game community, and the wherewithal to keep it going all these years, combine to transcend the idea of a "clan," and to this day I still think we have something special here.

Edited by MadCast: Malacca

3 hours ago, MadCast: Malacca said:

Congratulations to Epic and RedJustice for taking on an immense role and thank you for doing so many things to help the community over the years, thus earning the trust of the Founders and the support of the members. 

Congratulations to all the new admins, and generally, to anyone who has ever been dedicated enough to assume those duties and uphold those values.

Eternal gratitude to Tort and Maday, the proud founders of the best gaming community pound-for-pound the Internet could ever ask for. No matter how well you know them, it still boggles the mind to consider how much effort and time they poured into all of this, for so many years, and they did it for the love of the gam(e)(ing). 

I feel "legendary" may be an overstatement in my case, but I am honored to be recognized as a LFM. Although the frequency and consistency of my community time has diminished considerably the past few years, I still care about this community and feel genuine pride for its continued existence and ongoing commitment to fun, inclusiveness, support, and non-toxic gaming, while still allowing for a sense of humor and well-reasoned differences of opinion. The ability to create and implement a clear vision, the will and the effort to build, grow, and sustain a multi-game community, and the wherewithal to keep it going all these years, combine to transcend the idea of a "clan," and to this day I still think we have something special here.

Your recognition at this rank is well deserved and well earned.

Congratulations to our new Staff members. To the entire community, I appreciate the opportunity to work with you over the years. I move on knowing the community is in good hands.