Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Dez

Idea: Rotating Featured Game

Recommended Posts

Please excuse me while I necro this post. 

Did we ever reach a conclusion on this topic? It would certainly result in the growth of our community. 

As a member that was brought into MCG through the Others Games section and its people, this idea seems worth giving a shot. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, MadCast: A1C_Ju said:

Please excuse me while I necro this post. 

Did we ever reach a conclusion on this topic? It would certainly result in the growth of our community. 

As a member that was brought into MCG through the Others Games section and its people, this idea seems worth giving a shot. 

 

Well, the last post here indicated a desire to discuss it at Town Hall, but it was never brought up. That being said, if this is something you believe will succeed, go for it. Start up a post right now asking for recommended games in the forums. Make another post when you have enough options, with a poll to decide what wins, and from there you are responsible for making sure it runs the way you want it to. If it is successful we might be able to provide more admin resources to help you maintain that momentum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

Well, the last post here indicated a desire to discuss it at Town Hall, but it was never brought up. That being said, if this is something you believe will succeed, go for it. Start up a post right now asking for recommended games in the forums. Make another post when you have enough options, with a poll to decide what wins, and from there you are responsible for making sure it runs the way you want it to. If it is successful we might be able to provide more admin resources to help you maintain that momentum.

:o I brought it up at the Town Hall!!!

 

Also, I think it's a bit of a chicken or the egg type thing. Obviously, we can post in Other Games, but the idea of it being an official MadCast game of the month with dedicated forum space and a discord section is the appeal in my mind. It helps take someone that may never even visit the Other Games section and show them that we do have a stellar community that branches out into other game. It also gives people the security to know it's MadCast-backed so they might venture into it.

 

That said, I completely get your point. I'd be glad to propose some options in other games for something like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Haha, a likely story ;)

I forgive you always though Coach Kitty ❤️

---

Going to explore doing it naturally and see what kind of support we can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

On 5/26/2019 at 2:57 PM, MadCast: Munsa said:

I think we should talk more about this idea, and I would like to be on hand to do whatever forum management/creation is necessary to bring this idea to fruition.

 

I believe it'll be brought up on the 29th when we have that Madcast expansion team chat that I think either Vosh or Mike EDIT: IT WAS PRINCE set up.

Edited by MadCast: A1C_Ju

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, MadCast: A1C_Ju said:

 

I believe it'll be brought up on the 29th when we have that Madcast expansion team chat that I think either Vosh or Mike set up.

Outstanding!  I'll make sure to be on hand.

I am eager to help motivated FMs achieve their goals.  I want to make sure that everyone's thought and effort in this regard are given every chance of fruition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, MadCast: Munsa said:

Outstanding!  I'll make sure to be on hand.

I am eager to help motivated FMs achieve their goals.  I want to make sure that everyone's thought and effort in this regard are given every chance of fruition.

Thanks Munsa!

Be glad to see you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

58 minutes ago, MadCast: A1C_Ju said:

 

I believe it'll be brought up on the 29th when we have that Madcast expansion team chat that I think either Vosh or Mike set up.

IT WAS ME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this