MadCast: Kitty Stark

May 5 @ 4:30pm EDT: Let's Starve!

Don't Starve Together is an extremely fun and unforgiving survival game where you are able to work together with (or against) your friends to combat the harsh conditions. The base game is easy enough to understand, but there are many nuances that take time or another experienced player to help you learn.

The goal of this event is mainly to help teach anyone newer to the game that wants to know how to do more than just "make a fire, cook a carrot, and eat it". Even if you haven't ever played before, it is a very fun game if you're willing to put the work in. I will be happy to answer as many questions as I can, although I wouldn't call myself an expert yet.

I will be hosting a private server on Sunday, May 5th, starting as soon as I get home from work, around 4:30p EDT. There is a limit of 6 people, so please sign up here in advance. I can't guarantee you a spot otherwise, and it will be FCFS the day-of if there are any spots left. It currently costs $14.99 USD on Steam, but there are cheaper codes avilable from third party sellers. If you're curious about the game but don't own it yet, I can stream the gameplay upon request.

Let's see how long we can survive together!

Edited by MadCast: Kitty Stark

I haven't played since "Together" was a thing. Always assumed it was 2 person "Together". Is it 6 people "Together"?

1 hour ago, MadCast: Pushover said:

Wish I could make it, but I'm busy that day :(

It's a great game, though.

I will be doing more events for this in the future, since it seems to be gaining popularity in the community and I truly enjoy playing it.

8 minutes ago, GeneralSub said:

I haven't played since "Together" was a thing. Always assumed it was 2 person "Together". Is it 6 people "Together"?

The base DST game has some fundamental differences from the original solo player game, so some people like to play it even when alone. The bosses and other monsters tend to have more HP and the world in general can be more challenging since it is intended for teamwork and not just one person. You can play with anywhere from 1-6 people on a private server before you have to pay for more slots.

BUMP & Edit. I have to work an extra shift until 4pm EDT on Sunday the 5th. The event will begin as soon as I get home, likely around 4:30. I'm sorry for the delay and hope you all can still attend.

Tagging just to make sure those interested see the change - @Hitori @GeneralSub @MadCast: doublestufforeo

I'm interested, but I'm certain I will be available. I think I have a tentative event. Will check back soon.