Optifreak

Intro - Optifreak

Good morning MadCast’s!

I came across your post on the league of Legends recruitment thread.   I would like to apply for full membership.  

My name is John and I have two accounts.

The first one, PhacoEmulsifier, is currently silver and climbing as a one trick Sona.  I’ve held this account since season three but in reality I only played for a few months back then and just reactivated the account a few months ago.  So even though it’s old it’s pretty empty of champions having like 30 or so.

The second account, Optifreak72 is Bronze 3.  This is the one I started prior to the season 9 start.   I messed up on it and tried to gain ranks in all rolls while not really being great at some rolls.  So I was stuck at bronze 4 with probably iron mmr. 12 lp win 20 lp loss bad.   I’ve since fixed that and am starting to gain more lp than I lose.  This account probably has 60 or so champions. I still Sona on it a good deal when I want to gain rank but really want to use it more for other rolls and supports. Like thresh Morgana and Alistar.  with the secondary roll being  as a jungle.

My goal in joining MadCast’s would be to Find others that I can duo with and hopefully reduce the chances of trolls killing games.  Find like minded people to chat with, and also learn the game and expand my champion core more through things like the training night etc.  Really I’d like to find a team to play with as well but with my current schedule I know that’s not a really option other than we need a filler for a bit.

i am a Veteran of the US Army.  One of the things that attracted me too MadCast’s is the pro military posting on the lol boards.  I currently work with the VA as a Biomedical Engineer.  Basically I work with the medical equipment, planning, research, purchase, recommendation, maintenance as well as other facility issues.  

I currently live in Michigan with my fiancé who has two college age children that are in and out of the house all the time.  

53 minutes ago, Optifreak said:

i am a Veteran of the US Army.  One of the things that attracted me too MadCast’s is the pro military posting on the lol boards.  I currently work with the VA as a Biomedical Engineer.  Basically I work with the medical equipment, planning, research, purchase, recommendation, maintenance as well as other facility issues.  

Thank you very much for your service. My mother is also a veteran that now works for the VA, and I know that it can be a challenging place to work for depending on your position.

44 minutes ago, Optifreak said:

I would like to apply for full membership.  

You are now a candidate for Full Membership. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag, as in [C] Optifreak. Additionally, you now have access to #candidates-chat. Please find a Candidate Coordinator (myself or @MadCast: Mike) for a full introduction and initial question and answer session. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a Full Member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast name tag, in your case, MadCast: Optifreak. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

• Be regularly active on the forums! Try to check it at least a few times per week and participate in topics that interest you. Share anything you find interesting, because odds are someone else will too! Forum activity is an important component of successful candidacies.
  • Join our Discord Server! Even if you don’t or can’t use voice chat, you’re welcome to listen in. Playing games with members on our server is a good way for them to get to know you on a personal level.
  • Attend events hosted by MadCast that have many people in one place that you can meet and leave a good impression on.
  • Use the same username on the forums and Discord, as well as in-game, when possible. If you aren’t able to do this, make sure that the members you play with know who you are. They can’t leave comments on your thread if they don’t know which one is yours!
  • If you have any issues you can contact one of our current admins. Feel free to post general questions regarding the candidacy process and community in the Discord #candidate-chat channel. Full Members will be able to satisfy most of your curiosities about the basics of being a part of MadCast.

If you have questions regarding your candidacy or the process to become a Full Member, please attempt to contact current Full Members via #candidate-chat in Discord first. If your concern has to do with conduct or issues with another player, feel free to reach out to an admin. 

Last but not least, the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on 
can be found here.

Hey Optifreak.

Glad you posted an intro, and I hope you enjoy your time here. One of our Candidate Coordinators will be around to get you started on that Full Membership process.

I am not sure which account to add you on, which account will you be using to play more with MadCast folks?

Edit: Looks like one 'em already got to ya.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.   I will have to check and see if I still have discord.  If not it’s a quick download and I can get setup on there.  I haven’t used it “fully” since playing on some retro-wow servers.

i would say add PhacoEmulsifier as the main.  It won’t take that long too build up a solid champion base.   During the week I tend to play on that account more since I can progress faster.

38 minutes ago, MadCast: Craiden said:

If you need someone in bronze to rank with, I'd be willing to play with ya, I usually play late in the evening so just hit me up in discord.

Sounds great.  I will look for you in discord after I get it set up.

Welcome!  We do have a lot of military and prior service members; glad you found us.  I'm also prior-service and work for the Government.  My LOL IGN is Aeryx; I hope to get a few games in with you.

I sent you an lol friend invite last night.  Hopefully I will get some time to play with you guys soon.  

On 4/22/2019 at 11:30 AM, Optifreak said:

I am a Veteran of the US Army.  One of the things that attracted me too MadCast’s is the pro military posting on the lol boards.  I currently work with the VA as a Biomedical Engineer.  Basically I work with the medical equipment, planning, research, purchase, recommendation, maintenance as well as other facility issues.

Lots of vets around here man! Welcome aboard!