MadCast: Kitty Stark

!!SPOILERS!! Avengers: Endgame Discussion

This is a thread where you can safely discuss your opinions on Avengers: Endgame. If you have not seen it, this is your last chance to back out of this thread.

With that in mind, please keep the conversation focused on EndGame and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I don't want to see any DC vs Marvel arguments here, or any major theory tangents for unannounced future movies. Some prompts for your reviewing and discussion:

• What did you think about the pace of the movie? Did it feel rushed, or drag on because it's 3 hours?
  • Looking back, what has been your favorite MCU movie leading up to Infinity War and Endgame? Why?
  • How did you feel about So-and-So dying? Did they die in a way that feels fitting or fair to the character?
  • Was there any point where multiple characters displayed really incredible teamwork? How so?
  • Did you have any major predictions about the movie that came true?
  • Did the soundtrack really stick out at any point where it enhanced the scene of the movie?
  • Was there a time where the special effects really stood out?
  • Did the movie step on your feels even more than Infinity War? Or was Endgame the more painful movie to experience? Why?
  • What did you think of Stan Lee's final cameo? What has been your favorite cameo by him so far? (As far as I know there has not been an official confirmation that he is in the next Spiderman movie, which makes this final appearance all the more sad yet fitting considering the magnitude of this movie.)
  • Was it worth all the hype? Would you go see it again?

Spoiler

Spoiler

• What did you think about the pace of the movie? Did it feel rushed, or drag on because it's 3 hours?

I loved it. The pacing may not have been absolutely perfect, but I was so happy with what I was seeing that I really didn’t care. 

• Looking back, what has been your favorite MCU movie leading up to Infinity War and Endgame? Why?

I’ve loved all of them. I think they’re all important to fully understanding/appreciating the Endgame.

How did you feel about So-and-So dying? Did they die in a way that feels fitting or fair to the character?

Both of the deaths seemed fitting. I will admit I was surprised by the first one. Each situation seemed appropriate for the arc of the character at that point in time.

• Was there any point where multiple characters displayed really incredible teamwork? How so?

I enjoyed Girl Power moment. I also liked Peter Parker being tossed around during the final battle and interacting with a wide range of characters, as he does.

• Did you have any major predictions about the movie that came true?

I was pretty spot on about how the endings would go. I was particularly proud of guessing Cap’s ending.

• Did the soundtrack really stick out at any point where it enhanced the scene of the movie?

My experience when watching movies is that music always enhances the scene unless it’s bad/distracting and therefore, I don’t actively notice how good it is. Given the depth of my emotions throughout the movie, I definitely think the score was done well.

• Was there a time where the special effects really stood out?

Cap at the ending looked surreal for a moment.

• Did the movie step on your feels even more than Infinity War? Or was Endgame the more painful movie to experience? Why?

I wouldn’t say either movie was painful but more emotionally intense and uncomfortable. I think Endgame was the salve to the wound IW created, so while it was painful/uncomfortable to go through, it felt good after. The first movie necessitates the other, so Endgame let me take a breath before experiencing the end.

• What did you think of Stan Lee's final cameo? What has been your favorite cameo by him so far? (As far as I know, there has not been an official confirmation that he is in the next Spiderman movie, which makes this final appearance all the sadder yet fitting considering the magnitude of this movie.)

I liked this one. I thought it was fitting and ironic. Although, the most fun one to me was his Captain Marvel cameo.

• Was it worth all the hype? Would you go see it again?

It was absolutely worth the hype. I am seeing it again on Wednesday. :)

Edited by MadCast: Vyoletta
formatting