Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: CoachRivers

Epic Games Buys Psyonix

image.thumb.png.3e88cb13dcffda0b65b4d679a636a007.png

Epic games, creators and home of the most popular game on Twitch(Fortnite), have agreed to purchase Psyonix, the basically Indie team that developed rocket league. This will mean Rocket League the removal of Rocket League from Steam, and the transition over to Epic store. 

This will either make Rocket League grow EXTREMELY fast, or it will kill it. 

One note, here are the recent Steam Reviews for Rocket League

image.thumb.png.6f54998017bb35f22b42d3a970b2016d.png

One random Rocket League player had this to say:

image.png.bf1751ced04c4c9383b5d7ccc8e9e0c5.png

I've always had good experiences with Epic and their application / store. Their maintenance and upkeep on Fortnite (regardless of your opinion on the game) has been top notch and they react to super strong / super weak items pretty rapidly from what I've seen. It seems that the only negative that will come from this will be the doomsayers and elitists (?) from a super popular brand occupying their niche. 

Not a big fan of big companies buying other companies normally - see my League of Legends ten cent rants for more - but Epic has been doing good things with their monthly free games and constant work to put out content. I'm actually having positive feelings about this and even contemplating getting a controller this weekend to actually try to get decent at Rocket League (bad timing with Mother's Day though).

Awards

35 minutes ago, MadCast: Usefully Useless said:

I've always had good experiences with Epic and their application / store. Their maintenance and upkeep on Fortnite (regardless of your opinion on the game) has been top notch and they react to super strong / super weak items pretty rapidly from what I've seen. It seems that the only negative that will come from this will be the doomsayers and elitists (?) from a super popular brand occupying their niche. 

Not a big fan of big companies buying other companies normally - see my League of Legends ten cent rants for more - but Epic has been doing good things with their monthly free games and constant work to put out content. I'm actually having positive feelings about this and even contemplating getting a controller this weekend to actually try to get decent at Rocket League (bad timing with Mother's Day though).

I personally, have a really positive outlook on it. I think its going to bring lots of new players to the game. I just hope they don't change too awfully much, and get some support for custom maps, like steam workshop and such

Edited by MadCast: CoachRivers

Epic seems to be one of the few companies not trying to become an evil overlord, so I have no problem with this.

Another title for a competitor to steam, and more money for Rocket League and anything else Psyonix decides to work on.

2 hours ago, MadCast: Baal said:

Epic seems to be one of the few companies not trying to become an evil overlord, so I have no problem with this.

Another title for a competitor to steam, and more money for Rocket League and anything else Psyonix decides to work on.

Rocket league going free will be nice. I just hope they don't gut it. 

8 hours ago, MadCast: CoachRivers said:

Rocket league going free will be nice. I just hope they don't gut it. 

It will have potential boons for the community you've helped build up thus far. I can say that if/when it becomes free, I will happily *try* to play it.

3 hours ago, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

It will have potential boons for the community you've helped build up thus far. I can say that if/when it becomes free, I will happily *try* to play it.

We look forward to the day. :)

2 hours ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

I just don't like using individual launchers for a bunch of different games.

I can agree with that. And I think steam is superior. 

4 hours ago, MadCast: CoachRivers said:

I can agree with that. And I think steam is superior. 

Steam is a far superior storefront experience because Epic basically launched in Beta. The one thing it has going for it as a storefront is it isn't stuffed to the gills with shovelware and abandonware like Steam is. 

Edited by MadCast: VoShay