MadCast: Hitori

Why are you proud of yourself today?

I grew up with a lot of encouraging from both my parents, but they also held me to a very high standard. Big victories were celebrated, with a lot more focus on academic things than anything else, and this is the thing I normally revert to if I don't pay close attention to my mental health. But academic or economic success isn't everything, especially if you have a shaky mental health situation, and celebrating small victories sometimes can be life saving, at least in the long run.

So, with this in mind, I thought it would be cool to start a thread where we can share our big or small victories of any kind, with the idea of having a reminder to do it whenever we can, celebrating each other's advances, and also a place where we can come back on a rainy day and remember that one day months ago where you were proud of an accomplishment. Don't be shy, it's really important to be able to give yourself credit where it's due.

I'll get the ball rolling with a couple of things I could think of today. The first one is that somehow I am passing two of my classes with over 100%, and considering I normally do worse on second semesters I'm actually very proud of this.

The second one is that yesterday I managed to call both of my parents, which has been a big challenge since I moved away because it reminds me that I'm not there. It's good for me though, because I miss them and the more time I go without calling them makes me feel awfully guilty and increasingly alone, so I'm very happy that I pushed myself to do it.

Now it's your turn!

(I got this idea from topics like these, go check them out and be happy and healthy!)  https://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/forums/topic/25135-self-care-lets-talk-about-mental-illness/   https://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/forums/topic/25184-somebody-loves-you-come-see-why/   https://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/forums/topic/25781-wholesome-empowering-memes/   https://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/forums/topic/25475-what-do-you-want-in-life/

We went out for a lunch date and had a wonderful waitress, so we left a $7 tip on a $20 meal. I've worked in the food industry for years and I really appreciated her hard work, and it also made me very happy knowing that I am financially stable enough to at least do that for someone else. I know that any tip over $5 was rare for me when I worked as a server and it was miserable to work really hard and depend on people who usually didn't appreciate it. I'm more leaving this to remind myself in the future because yesterday as a whole was really nice.

I also could have called into work last night since I was unwell Thursday night and felt very tired, but I forced myself to go and it was crazy busy at first, so I'm glad I was there to help my boss. She thanked me for working hard and let me leave an hour early anyway so it all worked out.

I stayed during the entire Town Hall and actively listened as much as possible. I have intense public speaking anxiety, so I don't usually listen. I instead follow the chat.  

It was very, very worth it to hear everyone's voices for a change, and it challenged me to practice coping techniques for anxiety.

I really look up to people like @MadCast: Kitty Stark who are able to sound so charming and confident in front of a whole group of people. 

I went on a date for the first time in forever today, with a beautiful man. We ended up just laying in the grass staring at the clouds in the park for hours and just talking. There wasn't any sexual connotation behind it, or aggressive behavior towards that like most men that I've interacted with lately have been. It was just serene, and so easy to open up to him, and him opening up to me. Unfortunately he had to go down to Colorado Springs for the weekend for work, but we had a wonderful time and are planning on getting together again soon, and I'm super excited. It's really hard to get second dates for me, and after how much I've been working lately, and how stressed I've been, today was exactly what I needed.

Just got my math final exam back and it's 100%! Passed that class with a 99.3%, and math has always been my worst subject, so I'm extremely proud of this! Also, I'm probably keeping my 4.0 this semester, too. The stress was all worth it!

What have you guys been up to lately? I want to read some small or large victories that deserve recognition!!!!

I've been really tempted to just build houses in Sims 4 lately but I haven't gamed at all today, and I'm just gonna be proud that I didn't procrastinate lol. That's always been a personal struggle for me.

I ate only half a Tombstone pizza last night instead of a full one, now if only I could motivate myself to actively work that half off...

All jokes aside, as quite a few people know, I'm a cook and I just transitioned to a new job a couple weeks ago and I've had some long days and nights, and I'm just glad that I found somewhere that is mildly stress free and the people I work with are way cooler than what I'm normally used to.  DSO and I had talked about this before, and it makes a huge difference, so I'm happy today to enjoy my three days off because I'm not dreading going back to work after the three days are over....

Awards