MadCast: VoShay

Question and Answer Thread

If you have a question about anything related to the game, post here! Anyone can post to answer/point to rules in the game threads or pdfs, though only posts by Munsa, VoShay, or Khaos should be considered authoritative on the meta-game itself.

Just now, MadCast: Suixide22 said:

Are there any rules/guidelines around what can be included in the "Duelist's Eyes, Look, Sword, and Style?" Asking as a newbie to the genre.

You can put whatever sounds good to you, within reason. Try not to break the verisimilitude in half, but have fun.

If you enter a duel wounded, the only change is that you start dying at 4 wounds dealt instead of at 5 wounds dealt. Effectively, it's easier to kill you, but it does not in any way act like a future wound. You leave the 'wounded' box checked after a duel you are wounded in, and skip that box when checking how far down you go after you are dealt wounds in the Strike. 

So being wounded just means that your opponent must Strike! roll to deal 3 or 4 wounds in order to kill you, instead of 4 or 5, including future wounds given during the duel?

I.e. I enter a battle wounded, and during Improve rolls I get 2 future wounds. Now the enemy only needs to roll enough to inflict 2 more wounds to kill me and win?

1 hour ago, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

So being wounded just means that your opponent must Strike! roll to deal 3 or 4 wounds in order to kill you, instead of 4 or 5, including future wounds given during the duel?

I.e. I enter a battle wounded, and during Improve rolls I get 2 future wounds. Now the enemy only needs to roll enough to inflict 2 more wounds to kill me and win?

I think you intended to say 4 or 5 and 5 or 6, but otherwise exactly correct. 6 Wounds is the Dead state. It takes 5 wounds instead if you are already wounded. 5 Wounds is the Dying state- it takes 4 wounds instead if already wounded. It otherwise does not impact the duel itself in any way. 

The example you made is entirely correct- this is why future wounds are a dangerous thing to allow on yourself needlessly.

Now, this might seem like a moronic question, but I can't find a post here that details the mechanics or actions that one can take, eg. stare, or improve, ect. or how the tension and terrain are chosen, am I missing something, If I am, I apologize.