MadCast: Craiden

Path of Exile OPEN DOOR

This Saturday night I'd like to do an Open Door Meeting with anyone and everyone interested in playing Path of Exile's new league Legion.  What this means is this: Path of Exile can be a big, complex, and overwhelming experience the first time you play it which may throw some people off, so I'd like to get myself, @MadCast: A1C_Ju, @MadCast: Lunalesk, @MadCast: FancyPants and other regulars (sorry if I don't list you here!) on in a chat room to basically allow anyone with questions, concerns, build ideas, or just general help setting up the game and learning mechanics a chance to do so in a chill setting and with enough time before the league launches on the 7th.  This way people aren't rushing last minute on the day of league launch trying to get set up and figure out what they're doing, they can just hop on and join up with the group and play.  I'm going to start this at 8pm est and let it be open til 12am est so that it accommodates varying schedules.  I will be on in the designated Path of Exile chat channel under other games and I encourage everyone to come down and field whatever questions/comments/concerns you have.  I'm also thinking about streaming some gameplay for those who'd like to see it, so I hope to see everyone there.

Edit: For anyone who can't make this Saturday, we will also do this next Saturday at the same time as well.

Edited by MadCast: Craiden
update

I may be able to stop in after work. I've never played the game, but I love casually playing Diablo and I think this would interest me. Does the game have room for filthy casuals, or is it more fit for those who can play and grind loot most days of the week?

You can be a casual and still play, there's room for everyone to play how they want.  Those of us who plan to play hardcore will be on most days and can help those who aren't on as much.

As Craiden mentioned, I'll be around during the PoE Open Doors sessions and during the new league.

I play PoE hardcore for about a month and take it easy from then on. As most of you ARPG players know, the first couple weeks are vital if you wish to become filthy rich in a new economy.

I love helping out players, new or old, but I don't like to hold your hand through everything because in my experience, you can't fully enjoy the game unless you struggle yourself and grasp the ins and outs of the mechanics.

That's not to say that I will not play with you or help you at all. Here are some things I did to help the PoE community of Madcast last league:

What I like to do is to rush to the end game in the first day or two so that I have enough currency to help people get their build-enabling items, if they ask for help in that department.

I also run a boss killing service every league so I'll always be able to help out Madcast members if they're having trouble killing a boss.

My first initial rush will take a few days. In this time I'm sure the other PoE vets will be around to guide you through the early game and answer any and all questions you may have.

After these few days I'll be more than happy to run the game with you, and also make and level new characters if someone joins in on the fun a little after league start.

I'm SUPER stoked to have more faces around playing PoE with us. I can't wait for the new league to start! 🙂 

I'm really happy with all the people that showed up last night, feel like we made some good progress.  Just an FYI, we're doing another Open Door next Saturday night at 8pm est for anyone that is still wanting to get on and test the waters or ask more questions or even just wants to work on some build stuff.  For anyone that hasn't hopped on and gotten a guild add and would like to before the league starts on the 7th, dm me and let me know on discord so we can do that.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:17 PM, MadCast: Craiden said:

You can be a casual and still play, there's room for everyone to play how they want.  Those of us who plan to play hardcore will be on most days and can help those who aren't on as much.

I am definitely one of those casuals. If you're looking to mess around and theorycraft, I will always be down

Edited by MadCast: Baal

16 hours ago, MadCast: Baal said:

I am definitely one of those casuals. If you're looking to mess around and theorycraft, I will always be down

You won't be this league! :D

That was a lot of fun. I'm sure I've already screwed up my Standard guy's skill tree, but I like the Totem thing. Place crap down and run around. That's my jam!

---

Excited about the new League.

You can always fix your skill tree btw.  I don't know if they mentioned this to you, but there's a currency called "Regret Orb" that gives you a 1 skill point refund.  So if you fuck up badly, just gather up a bunch of em, use em and fix your tree. :D