lll Loki llll

Marvel or DC and why?

Marvel: Spiderman | X-Men

DC: Batman

Rest of it I don't really go out of my way for, but I do really enjoy Marvel movies. They're lighthearted and fun, while DC I've not enjoyed anything from then since Wonder Woman, and before that it was Heath Ledger's Joker.

Personally I feel these 2 are really just opposite sides of the same coin. With DC their heroes fall flat for me  never completely horrible but often uninspired however the company really shines through it's villains.

Good heroes : John Constantine | Booster Gold

I'm a sucker for a tortured soul or an irreverent joke  the 2 listed above fill those needs pretty well for me Batman isn't a bad fit but a little overspun at this point relying to heavily on his rogues gallery to stay entertaining. and Man-Bat good joke bad spin off to emphasize the point.

low hanging fruit heroes : Superman | Green Arrow 

Superman the alien prince charming feels more alien in its aim to be such a perfect human that actual humans kinda just suck. He goes right up there with South park Cartman's Ninja persona Balrog, "my super power is to have all the super powers" 

Green arrow : how many times are we going to recycle the " I'm a billionaire vigilante" Gave batman a pass on this as a progenitor of the trope.

Conversely I find the opposite to be true with Marvel. The heroes are empathetic and enticing however with limited exceptions the villains often come off as a monster of the week antagonist that even Elvira would be ripping on at least when compared to their DC counterparts.

Favorites: Howard the Duck | Gwenpool

Weak heroes: Scott Summers (cyclops) | Morph

Scott Summers  not a terrible character but the unwaveringly Lawful/stupi... I mean good lawful/good approach just grinds on me and Morph  a quirky funny personality slapped on a Megaman power base of I shape shift into you and get your powers is pretty uninspired (Lets just fuse mystique and rogue and see what we get).

Still There are also some prime Heroes from smaller labels like  Image and Dark Horse

Honorable mentions:

Hellboy (dark horse)

Spawn (Image)

Bra-Man ( Blind Ferret)

Awards

I think I prefer Marvel for superheroes and DC for villains, as a general rule. There are some exceptions, for I really, really hate Cap. America and Magneto is an awesome villain, but I think overall Marvel superheroes are more interesting and DC villains are just better thought out and more fun to hate.

Are we talking comics or movies? I love both equally for comics... the movies are just not even in the same galaxy to me. Marvel movies are well produced and with great acting, usually. DC movies (as of late) seem to have a dark production quality and the storytelling other than Wonder Woman was pretty bland. Justice League was a crazy let down. Loved most of the Batman movies pre-Affleck and the Superman movies have been pretty decent with Henry but I stick with Marvel, generally.

Awards

On 6/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, MadCast: narucabra said:

Personally I feel these 2 are really just opposite sides of the same coin. With DC their heroes fall flat for me  never completely horrible but often uninspired however the company really shines through it's villains.

Good heroes : John Constantine | Booster Gold

I'm a sucker for a tortured soul or an irreverent joke  the 2 listed above fill those needs pretty well for me Batman isn't a bad fit but a little overspun at this point relying to heavily on his rogues gallery to stay entertaining. and Man-Bat good joke bad spin off to emphasize the point.

low hanging fruit heroes : Superman | Green Arrow 

Superman the alien prince charming feels more alien in its aim to be such a perfect human that actual humans kinda just suck. He goes right up there with South park Cartman's Ninja persona Balrog, "my super power is to have all the super powers" 

Green arrow : how many times are we going to recycle the " I'm a billionaire vigilante" Gave batman a pass on this as a progenitor of the trope.

Conversely I find the opposite to be true with Marvel. The heroes are empathetic and enticing however with limited exceptions the villains often come off as a monster of the week antagonist that even Elvira would be ripping on at least when compared to their DC counterparts.

Favorites: Howard the Duck | Gwenpool

Weak heroes: Scott Summers (cyclops) | Morph

Scott Summers  not a terrible character but the unwaveringly Lawful/stupi... I mean good lawful/good approach just grinds on me and Morph  a quirky funny personality slapped on a Megaman power base of I shape shift into you and get your powers is pretty uninspired (Lets just fuse mystique and rogue and see what we get).

Still There are also some prime Heroes from smaller labels like  Image and Dark Horse

Honorable mentions:

Hellboy (dark horse)

Spawn (Image)

Bra-Man ( Blind Ferret)

I LOVE Spawn!

18 hours ago, lll Loki llll said:

I LOVE Spawn!

me too but since not Marvel or DC I didn't go for the deep dive on him but it covers a lot of my favorite things in a comic book character. Tortured soul , Irreverent humor ( mostly from the rogue gallery but also from him) , one hell of an atmosphere , and variant character development arcs depending on the media used ( the character story varies between books, cartoons ,  movie, and games keeping it close but new) .  to quote a Joker , " If I'm going to have an origin story I'd prefer it to be multiple choice!"

How about you though Loki where do you sit on the dc vs marvel -verse?

Awards

On 6/6/2019 at 11:41 AM, MadCast: narucabra said:

me too but since not Marvel or DC I didn't go for the deep dive on him but it covers a lot of my favorite things in a comic book character. Tortured soul , Irreverent humor ( mostly from the rogue gallery but also from him) , one hell of an atmosphere , and variant character development arcs depending on the media used ( the character story varies between books, cartoons ,  movie, and games keeping it close but new) .  to quote a Joker , " If I'm going to have an origin story I'd prefer it to be multiple choice!"

How about you though Loki where do you sit on the dc vs marvel -verse?

I tend to favor the marvel universe.  I LOVE  Batman but for the most part DC just isn't my cup of tea

On 6/9/2019 at 11:36 AM, MadCast: Baal said:

Honestly, it depends on the author. Depending on who is writing for either one at any given time, I will swap allegiances.

The same is true, albeit to a much lesser extent, with artists/inkers.

you just reminded me of this bringing up inkers and it made my day Baal

image.thumb.png.35b717490488afadf30524e1a8ea010f.png

Awards