Sign in to follow this  
Baal

Nifty Car Stuff

So, I don't know how many of you are car guys/gals, but I rediscovered one of my old favorite series.

"Roadkill," if you aren't familiar, is a program done by a couple guys from Hot Rod magazine, where they take absolute shit vehicles and make them do things they shouldn't, with mixed results.

I recommend anybody with a passing interest in cars check it out. I have a short clip here of an old Ford F6 with a shortened frame and a rear mounted engine standing almost completely up.

Enjoy.

Also, I figured this would be a good spot for the more mechanically minded MadCasters to congregate and share ideas, projects and stories.

Edited by MadCast: Baal

@MadCast: Baal I am so glad to have found another car guy in this server! I used to watch road kill a lot, I am a huge muscle car guy and live a good hot rod when I see one. I appreicate u posting this and we should have a chat about cars soon!

Awards

I don't really have a wealth of knowledge, but I've loved fun car shows like Top Gear. As far as cars, I tend to like sleeker sports cars like the Fiat Spider and most Porsche models.

6 hours ago, MadCast: Baal said:

smaller roadsters (Sunbeam Tiger, MGB, TR8, that sort of critter)

I used to be a massive JDM guy when I first started geting into cars, hell, I just saw an R32 Skyline on the highway a couple days ago (imported from Japan), but nothing like the sound a big rumbly V8 that gets 3 miles to the gallon xD.

6 hours ago, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

but I've loved fun car shows like Top Gear

I used to watch Top Gear with the original hosts, they have changed top gear to be more suitable to the general public, which is alright but I would highly recommend watching The Grand Tour, it is a fantastic show that is on amazon prime video, if you don't have prime and ur still interested in wathcing it, then I'd love to send u a link to a free site.

Awards

@MadCast: Kitty Stark The Fiat Spider and Mazda Miata (and to a lesser extent, the Scubaru BRZ) are a continuation of the smaller roadsters. Small, nimble, and fun to drive, even if they aren't absurdly fast or laying down a 1/4 mile of rubber.

If a car isn't fun at 60 on a dirt road or windy mountain run, I'm not a fan haha. Older Lambos and Ferraris fit the bill, but the new crop of performance minded vehicles don't have the same joy of driving just to drive.

I have been lucky enough to pilot a ridiculous number of ridiculous cars, but the V* Tiger is still hands down my favorite vehicle to get behind the wheel. Unfortunately, if I want one, I'm probably going to have to build it myself lol.

Pic for those who aren't familiar.

Tiger.jpg

10 hours ago, MadCast: Baal said:

If a car isn't fun at 60 on a dirt road or windy mountain run, I'm not a fan haha. Older Lambos and Ferraris fit the bill, but the new crop of performance minded vehicles don't have the same joy of driving just to drive.

I completely agree with this, the point of a sports car is to be able to use ALL of it, u don't need to go fast or hit the quarter in 9 seconds, but once u hit a windy road, you should be able to handle every twist and turn with a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. I was watching a video about someone's 2019 911 GT2 RS, and they had said "it's too easy to drive, something this raw and powerful should require more effort and offer a better connection to the road". I agree wit this statement a lot, personally, once I have made enough money, I am gonna buy a dodge challenger hellcat with a manual transmission. What I love about that car is that heavanly supercharger whine and the grumble of the V8 along with the amazing, big america seats, it makes for a great GT. 

Awards