Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Suixide22

Should I Buy Borderlands 3?

Hello MadCast fam.

I have never played any of the Borderlands games, but I find myself wondering if I should. 

Convince me one way or the other.

Things that matter to me in a game:

> Multiplayer - it's not fun if I can't play with friends

> Replayability - will i play for a month or a year?

> Pick up and put down ability - can I play at my leisure? If I walk away for a month, can I come back and still keep pace with my homies?

Let me know if you're picking it up and if I should join you

On 9/4/2019 at 1:09 PM, MadCast: Suixide22 said:

Multiplayer - it's not fun if I can't play with friends

Pick up and put down ability - can I play at my leisure? If I walk away for a month, can I come back and still keep pace with my homies?

These two are answered as follows: 

Will Borderlands 3 Include Split Screen Support?

Allowing players to enjoy the new Borderlands alone or with friends has played an important role in Borderlands 3 development. In order to support playing with friends, Gearbox has confirmed that split screen options will be available for console users. In a statement, the company wrote, "Borderlands 3 will support two-player split-screen on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One." There was no mention, however, of split screen support for PC Users.

Borderlands 3 Co-op Improvements: Couch and Online Co-op Get New Rules

According to a developer blog post, Gearbox has worked tirelessly to ensure players can enjoy the game alone or with friends. Those efforts will most be seen in how Co-op play is implemented, said Gearbox Art Director Scott Kester in a blog post.

"One of the things that I'm most excited about in Borderlands 3 are the improvements that we've made to co-op. Regardless of your respective levels or mission progress, you and your friends can play together online or on the couch, and not only will each of you deal a meaningful amount of damage, you'll also receive your own discrete loot stream. No more loot ninjas!"

Players can opt to play with classic Borderlands 2 co-op rules as well.

> Replayability - will i play for a month or a year?

I've put well over 500 hours into Borderlands 2 alone, and I come back to it all the time for just the fun in the mayhem. It's something that I play a lot more casually now, but definitely think it's something you can pick up and put down and just enjoy.