Enzee

Hello, my name is Enzee, and I'm a nerd.

cue obligatory "Hi Enzee!"
So.... hi.  Where to start? My real name is Nolan, and my initials are NZ, hence 'en-zee' cause I lack creativity when coming up with nicknames.  I've been playing games for 20 years now, but generally I get really into one game for a long time. Everquest back in the day, WoW for the first 3 xpacs, League for awhile, and now Path of Exile (PoE).  In the last year or so, it's been mostly Gwent, then MTGA, then TFT and now basically just PoE.  I used to be the 'best guy at the shop' level of player in magic: the gathering, and I helped run a physical game store as well as my own online card singles store for mtg.  I got away from paper cards when MTGA came out, but after War of the Spark, I lost some interest in playing again. I'm sure I'll go back to mtg at some point (you never truly quit playing magic :D you just take real long breaks sometimes).  

I just joined the PoE guild a few days ago, and so far I can only really pick out Craiden, Luna and Red's voices in a crowd, but looking forward to getting to know more people. I've played with a few others, especially last night, just can't remember the other people's names yet (Sorry!). 

Craiden suggested posting an intro thread, even if I didn't apply for membership, and I'm still slightly hesitant on applying. Everything I've seen so far has been great, its just I didn't expect this to be a whole multi-game community originally. This is only my 2nd full league in PoE, and I wasn't in a guild for the first one. I tried out a different guild before this, but their discord was dead after day 2, no one ever responded when I tried to organize groups for things like map sharing, and then the one time a few people DID come to the unique map I was sharing for them, one guy decided to keep the exalted orb that dropped. That was the last straw, as I just found that incredibly rude when someone is already doing you a favor to save you time/money. I'm a pretty generous guy, I didn't mind people grabbing any other loot, and I probably would have let him keep it if he offered it to me, but that the idea never crossed his mind was aggravating. Again, that alone wouldn't have been enough to leave, but combined with the other issues, I didn't see the point of being there anymore. So, I was just looking for another PoE guild and saw a recruitment post in the official PoE discord. As I'm mainly playing PoE right now, I'm a little concerned I won't meet enough full members to garner the votes for membership...  Question mark?

I skimmed over the process, and it seems that if that happens, I'm able to re-apply immediately anyways (barring a ban, ofc) so I suppose there is no harm in applying, then.  If I'm correct and that's the case, then consider this my application for membership. 

Thanks, and look forward to meeting some more of you! 

Enzee (Kirloken account name in PoE) 

2 hours ago, Enzee said:

I skimmed over the process, and it seems that if that happens, I'm able to re-apply immediately anyways (barring a ban, ofc) so I suppose there is no harm in applying, then.  If I'm correct and that's the case, then consider this my application for membership. 

I proud to see you take this step out there, therefore...

You are now a candidate for Full Membership. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag, as in [C] Enzee. Additionally, you now have access to #candidates-chat. Please find a Candidate Coordinator on Discord (myself, @MadCast: Kitty Stark, or @MadCast: Mike) for a full introduction and initial question and answer session. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a Full Member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast name tag, in your case, MadCast: Enzee. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

• Be regularly active on the forums! Try to check it at least a few times per week and participate in topics that interest you. Share anything you find interesting, because odds are someone else will too! Forum activity is an important component of successful candidacies.
  • Join our Discord Server! Even if you don’t or can’t use voice chat, you’re welcome to listen in. Playing games with members on our server is a good way for them to get to know you on a personal level.
  • Attend events hosted by MadCast that have many people in one place that you can meet and leave a good impression on.
  • Use the same username on the forums and Discord, as well as in-game, when possible. If you aren’t able to do this, make sure that the members you play with know who you are. They can’t leave comments on your thread if they don’t know which one is yours!
  • If you have any issues you can contact one of our current admins. Feel free to post general questions regarding the candidacy process and community in the Discord #candidate-chat channel. Full Members will be able to satisfy most of your curiosities about the basics of being a part of MadCast.

If you have questions regarding your candidacy or the process to become a Full Member, please attempt to contact current Full Members via #candidate-chat in Discord first. If your concern has to do with conduct or issues with another player, feel free to reach out to an admin. 

Last but not least, the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on 
can be found here.

Awards

Enzee, it's been nice chatting with you in the PoE channels the last few nights. :)

As you saw, there is really no downside to applying if you like what you see and want to be part of the community. On the other hand, you are welcome to stay and play with us for as long as you like so long as you observe the Code of Conduct, so there is no pressure to apply if you're not ready or interested at this time. 

I hope you will meet more people and have fun over the coming days! Our Townhall is a good place to connect with other members and hear about interesting goings on in the community, from Tabletop games to meetups to new releases. That'll be coming up on the first Monday evening of October if you feel you need to meet more members for your candidacy.  

I'm not really into PoE personally, but I play a lot of other games that mostly appeal to filthy casuals like myself. If you ever want to waste 15-20 minutes doing something random and fun I'll probably be happy to join you. I'm happy that you've put the work in to learn more about our community and the inner workings, and wish you the best of luck on your candidacy!

Shoot me an add in LoL and we can play some random TFT or ARAM sometime hopefully~

4 hours ago, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

filthy casuals like myself.

I don't understand this word.. 'casual'..     :(     j/k :D

But, I do tend to get a bit hardcore into whatever game I'm playing, hence why I like deeper games that give me something to continuously do or explore as I play.  That said, I have been playing TFT kind of casually, mostly in the last month or so of each PoE league (they last roughly 3 months) when I'm starting to get bored. So, in a few weeks I may be taking you up on that offer. 

Enzee! nice to meet you. Pretty cool that you decided to join so early. I am fairly new to the group as well. You seem like a straight forward kinda person so don't be afraid to hassle people to comment on your thread.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna withdraw my application. I only found you guys through the PoE guild, and I was looking for a more active guild. I've been the only one on for most of my playtime for the last week or two. 

I'm going to say you're wrong there, I was actually on earlier today doing some mapping.  And the other night, luna and I were on for awhile before you got on and we got off.  I think you're just catching people at the wrong times and/or people are busy.  It also helps if you ping people in discord with the @pathofexile tag if you're looking for others to play with.  But to say we're not active isn't accurate if you're not on at the same times as the other people who play or using pings in discord.

Awards

10 hours ago, Enzee said:

Unfortunately, I'm gonna withdraw my application. I only found you guys through the PoE guild, and I was looking for a more active guild. I've been the only one on for most of my playtime for the last week or two. 

Based on this post, you are now no longer a candidate for Full Membership. You are more than welcome to re-apply for candidacy at a future date.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.