Sign in to follow this  
HeyNowCloud

Elo Darkness

I'd be willing to wager that it has to do with the images being classically influenced, e.g., the Myrmidon that would in league be pantheon, or the plague doctor mask of the Elo Darkness copy of Neeko, as well as the fact that Elo ranking is a concept, if you are unfamiliar with the origin, named for the creator of that system of zero-sum ranking, Arpad Elo, who originally developed tee system for games such as chess. 
Besides, copyright in my experience is a hugely grey area, you have to prove it was copied, which is incredibly difficult with such things. 

Edited by MadCast: majorhoward

Yeah i'm not going to say league champs are unoriginal buuuuut lots of them are taken from tropes/ mythology. Nasus is an abacus/ amumu a mummy from Egyptian mythology, wukong is the sunking from chinese mythology. Ali as a minotaur, shaco is the trickster trope. Mermaids, a yeti. Diana even shares her name with her moon goddess. League would have to prove their idea was original first.