Kalilstrom (Kal)

Surface Pro 5/2017 Gaming

Question

Just got a Surface Pro 5/5th Gen/2017 and looking through my steam backlog. Am thinking for my upcoming flight, Eufloria, FTL (Played to death but yay), bastion, Borderlands GOTY Enhanced and Jade Empire.

I have a TouchPad, gaming mouse and a stylus but wont be trying to stretch to games like Skyrim or Dishonored without a fan to assist with the thermal throttling so going for lighter games for this trip, I also don't have a controller.

Interested if anyone else is gaming on a Surface Pro, what your go to games are and any other advice you may have!

Cheers and apologies if this is the wrong board! Did do a search for surface gaming posts but havent seen any since 2015

8 answers to this question

Definitely stick to something light, can recommend older games are the way to go, FTL like you said is a win win. Could always grab something like baldur's gate 1 & 2 if you want something that doesn't abuse your surface pro and they have the ability to pause which can be very useful.

EDIT: >>>>DARKEST DUNGEON HOW CAN I FORGET TO MENTION THIS AWESOME GAME<<<<

Edited by MadCast: Craiden
I'm an idiot

Awards

Cheers Craiden!

I've been looking at Darkest Dungeon and played a bit a while back. Baldurs gate is an interesting one, I wonder if Pillar of Eternity works as well?

Currently have just installed Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Terraria, Bastion and Jade Empire.

Stardew Valley should be enough to occupy every free second you have for the next year or so, if you've ever been a fan of games like Harvest Moon.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/413150/Stardew_Valley/

21 hours ago, MadCast: JigglesTheFett said:

Stardew Valley should be enough to occupy every free second you have for the next year or so, if you've ever been a fan of games like Harvest Moon.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/413150/Stardew_Valley/

Was told this is multi-player now, or at least coop so was saving it for the imminent buodingnof the wife's machine! Last time we played together it was don't starve and she obsessed so looking forward to this! 

5 hours ago, MadCast: Epic said:

Qft. STS is one of my favorite games of all time. 

Thanks heard of it but not looked in to it, will do! 

I have a Surface Pro 4 and you can play a lot more than you think on it with creative use of graphic settings AND have it on a flat surface with room to breath. The fan will be running at full speed and the passive cooling parts will get pretty hot. There is a list of touch friendly games somewhere out there, I will link if I can find it again. I play civilization on it and hearthstone, before they added all the expensive expansions. Check out the Microsoft Store (I know lol) core games on there are more likely to be surface friendly. https://www.reddit.com/r/SurfaceGaming/