MadCast: Craiden

TFT Set 2 In-House Rumble Nov 6th @ 8pm est

Hello Everyone,

Set 2, Rise of the Elements, for Teamfight Tactics is officially launching tomorrow (Wednesday Nov. 6th) and since ranked is being turned off til patch 9.23 (aka the next patch), I thought it'd be fun to do some in-house matches to have fun and help familiarize everyone with how set 2 works.  With that, I thought it'd be the perfect time to spice it up and roll some random modifiers into the games as well.

Here are the three modes I plan on using (separately ofc).

1. Blacklist - Pretty straight forward but before the game starts, each player picks a champion to Blacklist or Ban basically, and no one is allowed to buy or use that champion the whole game.  With 8 players, that means you'll have 8 bans and only be able to use 43 of the 51 different champions, meaning you'll have to find fun new builds without relying on certain champions.  Hoping this helps people be more creative with their builds and find new fun options they never would have thought of otherwise.
  2. Natural Selection - At the start of the game, whatever champion you pick from the first carousel, dictates the champions you can buy/use the rest of the game.  Basically, you can only buy/use champions that have one of the same synergies as the champion you got.  For reference, if you were to pick up a Jax (Light/Berserker), you would only be able to buy/use champions that have at least one of those synergies.  As for the other carousels, you can grab whatever item you need, but if the champion doesn't fit the synergies you've been assigned, then you have to sell that champion immediately.  Some of these might be tough, but will help people find ways to make certain synergies work together when they normally wouldn't.
  3. No Items - This one is tricky, because it won't start til after the first minion wave, but basically it will require everyone to sell their first champion at stage 1-2, and buy a new champ off their bar.  From that point on, no one can use any items at all, period.  When you get a champ at carousel, you'll have to sell the champion to put the item on your bench;  All items must be on your side bar and NOT on a champion on your bench.  The idea behind this mode is to focus less on items and item stacking and more on positioning, pushing a solid comp, and trying to out wit your opponents.  Or in some peoples' cases, it'll be an excuse to force 3 star champions to roll over those who don't have any.

I'll be starting the event at 8pm est, and if there's a large enough turn out, will run two groups if necessary.  While these matches don't last nearly as long as normal SR matches in League, they're not as short as URF either, and with 3 different game modes to try I'd like to make sure everyone gets a chance to play each one.  As such I'll be running this event for as long as people want to continue playing with the latest the event will go being midnight est.  Anyone who stays beyond that point does so at their own peril.

If you know you're gonna be late and still want to attend when you get home, please feel free to send me (MadCast: Craiden) a direct message in discord so that I know you're coming and can plan on weaving you into a group.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow for some in-house action and for anyone that wants to know more details about what's changing, I'm linking posts from Riot Mort below for reference.

TFT patch 9.22 Notes

TFT Set 2 Synergies and Items Descriptions

Awards