MadCast Tort

Team Fortress 2 Server Exploration Poll

If we got a TF2 server, I would support it  

26 members have voted

1. 1. If we got a TF2 server, I would support it

• False
    • True, this would be my main FPS
    • True, this would NOT be my main FPS

Maday and me are curious as to what support there is out there for PERHAPS re-enlisted a TF2 server for us to host here at MadCast. Several variables may make this a worthwhile proposition. First, TF2 is now free so there will be a growth of new players; second, lots of people are expressing some nostalgia and always comparing everything to the "glory" days of TF2; three, the amount of people that play this game has grown since we last discussed this; four, Brink has failed. So we are putting up this poll.

What this poll is NOT:

No one should read any further into this than the Staff guaging interest as far as the entire community is concerned. In order to do this right lots of things have to happen between now and then, this is simply a first (and very limited) step. There has to be an SFM vote to procure the server; some folks that are admins have to step up to "spearhead" this game; and lots of other stuff. So please, please, please let us not get carried away.

Just select one of the options. And remember, just like in the recent BFBC2 poll, supporting means with your time (e.g., server pops) or your money. Supporting is not "yeah, I will play it once a month."

At the moment I would say yes, but I'm also excited about new weapons for the first time in several updates. In a week I might be tired of TF2 again. However in a week I will be in a much better position of saying weather I'm interested in trying to pop a tf2 server again.

i mean with the acquisition of a BC2 server... tf2 being a lil old. and Bf3 coming outish... iono how long this would last. i love tf2, i never want it to die. but i dont know if grabbin a server is what we need. but i will PoP it and support it if u get it.

I am breaking the cardinal rule about posting in a thread I haven't voted in, but I feel it is necessary.

I feel this thread is 1 to 2 weeks premature to get a reliable response. With the largest update in TF2 history being only 12 hours old, the hype factor is plenty enough to skew the votes.

I believe that allowing the hype to die down, and to see if any of the abundant LoL community shows any interest, is the best way to obtain the most truthful response to this question.

I am breaking the cardinal rule about posting in a thread I haven't voted in, but I feel it is necessary.

I feel this thread is 1 to 2 weeks premature to get a reliable response. With the largest update in TF2 history being only 12 hours old, the hype factor is plenty enough to skew the votes.

I believe that allowing the hype to die down, and to see if any of the abundant LoL community shows any interest, is the best way to obtain the most truthful response to this question.

We will keep the poll open for a few weeks for those that want to give it time . . . .

I voted to say that I would support this as a member, and that it would be my main FPS.

I do not however, support purchasing a server at this time. BC2 takes a lot of man power to be successful (and it currently is). There are more players that support BC2 over TF2, and I'm willing to bet that a large majority of the people that voted to support this TF2 server also mingle in the BC2 crowd. It is my belief that attempting a TF2 revival at this time would be disastrous for both community supported FPS games.