MadCast: Epic

Game of Thrones....

Here's another major spoiler of something I'm personally looking forward to... if you haven't read the books, you may not want to click on this...

Spoiler

Catlyn Stark was brought back to life in the books... Although the producers have indicated that they are not interested in bringing her back in the series, it could simply be a ploy so that her return is that much more impactful.  I could definitely see her being the one who finally puts Cersei to rest.

Edited by MadCast: Angelix

Well according to the prophecy by Maggi the Frog, she would die by the valenquar with his hands around her neck. Valenquar in Valaryian is little brother. So far all her children are dead, question is which little brother? Tyrion or Jaime? Cersei was born first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Awards

I daresay that Jaime might be a tad upset about the death of their son, especially given how it was a direct result of Cersei's actions.  Given that her son had put her on trial, she may not have even cared about what the Queen's death would mean to him.  Note that she seemed a lot less torn up than after her other children were killed.  If Jaime feels that this is true, he may very well earn himself a new name: Queenslayer.

My money is still on Tyrion though.

Edited by MadCast: Angelix

The Mad King, if I recall correctly, was threatening to take down the entire city, not create a localized catastrophe.  Cersei's goal was far more strategic and thought out than the Mad King's.  Also, while I still think that Jaime might end up being a little pissed about all this, the Mad King never gave Jaime any sugar, at least none that I'm aware of or that Jaime wanted.  I suspect that he and Cersei will be thick as incestuous thieves in no time.

22 minutes ago, MadCast: Usefully Useless said:

You no longer enjoy GoT???

I had a discussion with Rife about this earlier today via Discord, but I'm waiting for it to all finish so I can binge it all with my wife.  So I abstain for a bigger payoff. 

I'm angry at that last episode of the latest season.

Spoiler

We all knew ice dragon was coming. It was pretty obvious, imo, and I'm not even mad about that. It was the stupid, stupid way they managed to make the ice dragon happen. It was a horrible plan that was full of holes from the get go. Daenerys had no reason to take only one dragon, she's never done that before if I remember correctly.  It was all just a horrible shit show that made no sense to me, and it thoroughly angered me that any of that even happened in the first place. "Oh, we're in a sticky situation with white walkers, let me throw a rock at them real quick and see where that leads us." UGH!

Also, if she'd lost one dragon, she shouldn't have showed up to the rendez vous with Cersei with two dragons, it's dumb and makes it pretty clear that she's lost one. You don't want to show your enemies that, even if you're trying to get them on your side for a second. Show up with one, Danny, and remember you have a damned brain and know how to use it sometimes. 

End of rant, I can go on for a while, I'm sorry.

My boyfriend and his family really really like it, so I will still watch the new season, but I am not as excited as I would be if things had played out differently in that last hour.