MadCast: Epic

Game of Thrones....

I will not spoil the "joy" that is Theon Greyjoy for you just yet. However, I would read them during the off season that is coming up here soon. Read the first two books, and by the time the season picks up you should be at the third.

Thank you! So don't read past what is going on in the show?

Thank you! So don't read past what is going on in the show?

You could. The show itself is enjoyable regardless of knowledge garnered from the books. The books themselves are MUCH more visceral, and even more emotional attachment. I would suggest to anyone to read on ahead, you will learn much more than the show and I would much rather people not miss out on the experience that is A Song of Ice and Fire.

Thortt got me into the show, and now i'm obsessed, we did a marathon for a few days so that I could catch up. I have just started reading the books, which I am throughly enjoying! I am hoping to at least have the first book read within the next month, while at work, in between calls lol. Hoping for long waits in between calls

I always skip all of the interactive stuff on the show though. Is it worth it?

interactive stuff? Whatcha mean? o-o

I watch it on HBOGO and it includes a ton of stuff like maps, interviews, and goes more in-depth into the characters, more explanations, etc., as you watch the show.

Oh Sorry I wouldn't know XD It's probably pretty fun, if you're really into the show, and those things interest you.

The show is amazing. I don't think I've ever jumped out of my seat watching any TV show, till last night. WOW

I am still stunned. I can't believe all of that happened. did not expect it at all D: *Mind Blown*

I like the show alot, That episode 9 lol

But i need to read book 3 i have read the first 2

I read the series a few months after watching the first season in a one-day marathon.

Last night we had a group in which three or four had never read the series. There was some serious schadenfreude watching their reactions.

Awards

I am still stunned. I can't believe all of that happened. did not expect it at all D: *Mind Blown*

I was so mad after watching episode 9 last night!! I loved it, but that old man! ugh

Waiting on the next book. I did not like how the last book ends.

[spoiler IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE LAST SHOW]

FWIW, in the books Cat doesn't kill Greyjoy's wife. She kills Greyjoy's retarded son who is the court jester.

Robb's wife was not at the wedding but stayed behind a the Rivers castle upon Robb and Cat's concern about flaunting her in the Frey's face might cause problems.

Grey Wind did some serious damage prior to being brought down.

Walder Frey is almost a charming dirty old man.

Up until the murder.

As for Theon, if I recall correctly his scenes in THIS season actually come from book 4. Who exactly is torturing him is plot significant, especially given the other events taking place. Perhaps they will reveal it next Sunday. If not, it will probably be used as a hook next season.

I just wanted to hit Cat and yell at her. As someone who has not read the book yet, I was pissed that she just stood there when she could have at least tried to jump over the table and murder the old man :P She just stood there! Ask Thortt, I was yelling at her to move or do something before they stabbed her ass, and what does she do, she stands there and her throat gets cut!