MadCast: Epic

Game of Thrones....

Walder Frey is almost a charming dirty old man.

Up until the murder.

As for Theon, if I recall correctly his scenes in THIS season actually come from book 4. Who exactly is torturing him is plot significant, especially given the other events taking place. Perhaps they will reveal it next Sunday. If not, it will probably be used as a hook next season.

If most non readers are reeling after this episode, I cant wait to see the reactions next week.

I love these books mang.

Am I a coldhearted bastard for laughing at the end of Ep.9?

SPOILER BELOW

I mean there was this long silence to take in the impact of what had happened and then randomly this soldier walks up behind Cat, slits her throat, and then walks off camera. It was so awkwardly timed I just burst out laughing going wtf

e9gKr5Y.gif

If most non readers are reeling after this episode, I cant wait to see the reactions next week.

If memory serves where they are.. they're some real 'Wow, didn't expect that' and cheering moments coming soon. 2 big ones sooner.. 1 later. Ya'll just need to read the books so we can really discuss this. You can still watch the show as there are differences. C'mon you know you want to...

As for Theon, if I recall correctly his scenes in THIS season actually come from book 4. Who exactly is torturing him is plot significant, especially given the other events taking place. Perhaps they will reveal it next Sunday. If not, it will probably be used as a hook next season.

Oh good!!! He seemed so insignificant to this point, and the whole torture thing I didn't get. I'm glad it will eventually mean something.

I just wanted to hit Cat and yell at her. As someone who has not read the book yet, I was pissed that she just stood there when she could have at least tried to jump over the table and murder the old man :P She just stood there! Ask Thortt, I was yelling at her to move or do something before they stabbed her ass, and what does she do, she stands there and her throat gets cut!

Yeah, I wanted her to jump and kill the old man . . . As soon as he went for the girl I knew the old man would't care.

Waiting on the next book. I did not like how the last book ends.

[spoiler IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE LAST SHOW]

FWIW, in the books Cat doesn't kill Greyjoy's wife. She kills Greyjoy's retarded son who is the court jester.

Robb's wife was not at the wedding but stayed behind a the Rivers castle upon Robb and Cat's concern about flaunting her in the Frey's face might cause problems.

Grey Wind did some serious damage prior to being brought down.

In the last episode I felt so helpless . . .

If memory serves where they are.. they're some real 'Wow, didn't expect that' and cheering moments coming soon. 2 big ones sooner.. 1 later. Ya'll just need to read the books so we can really discuss this. You can still watch the show as there are differences. C'mon you know you want to...

I may. I miss discussing things with you.

I will second that if you haven't read the books, you should. Some of the best stuff is coming up and I hope they don't water it down too much on-screen.

SPOILER INCOMING!!!

-------------------------------------------------

I have overall been happy to see GoT brought to life by HBO. There are some pretty heavy departures from the exposition and growth of characters in the books, but they filled some of those gaps with mood and scenes that couldn't be depicted with such gravitas in print as on film.

With regards to the Red Wedding, I am a bit frustrated that Robb's wife was there as there is something cooking in the books that I would have liked to see on-screen with her as a political piece still. Also, the scene with Arya and Sandor I felt lacked the attention Sandor got in the book before his eventual demise.

Sansa's story is frustrating me on-screen right now. I can understand there wasn't time to develop the drunk ex-knight gone hero bit, but to reveal Littlefinger's role in her upcoming escape took away a bit of what makes Kings Landing the seedy and shadowy political cesspool that it is.

Also, Theon's role and the flaying and destruction of his current self into Reek seems to be moving too sporadically with little explanation to the audience. If I hadn't read the books, I'd be completely lost.

Soooo excited to see the Viper next season!

I have overall been happy to see GoT brought to life by HBO. There are some pretty heavy departures from the exposition and growth of characters in the books, but they filled some of those gaps with mood and scenes that couldn't be depicted with such gravitas in print as on film.

With regards to the Red Wedding, I am a bit frustrated that Robb's wife was there as there is something cooking in the books that I would have liked to see on-screen with her as a political piece still. Also, the scene with Arya and Sandor I felt lacked the attention Sandor got in the book before his eventual demise.

Soooo excited to see the Viper next season!

I was a little taken aback about Robb's wife being there and then stabbed like that. Maybe more shock for the audience since our author does like to take long breaks from certain characters?

I do have to agree that they have done a pretty decent job for the show, certain characters are more likable in the books and defiantly provoke (I think) more intense emotions than the show does. But still addicted to watching it and seeing the portrayal of the characters come to life on screen.

And Dorne...yes. The Viper and also just the fact of Dorne coming into play will be awesome. So many intricate plots...

But question to all who have read the book. Thoughts on Daario. I was expecting someone a little more...daring?

Awards

Thoughts on Daario.

I am thus far underwhelmed with Daario. When reading the books he is supposed to super macho-esque and masculine, but this guy seems a bit more carefree than Daario in the books. Also, from an appearance perspective, I was thinking someone a little more blue, like this.

I hope, when it gets to her meeting with him in secret and trusting him with more and more counsel, that they bring more of his recklessness and short temper to his character in the show.

HyndeSyte2020 I agree with you on every point. Because Robb's wife dies in the show but is still alive in the book seems to signal her demise in the books. Doesn't Martin help author the screenplay for the TV series?

I believe Arya's story is going to be good.. but the sleeper... Bran is the sleeper IMO. But then there's Rickon who's really not been seen in the books.

Hodor

Book Spoilers Below:

If we are shifting to some book spoiler...

Jon is the offspring of Ice (Ned Stark) and Fire (The Targaryen that Ned had the affair with). I think his end of Book 5 will turn out like Brienne's end of book 4, and HE is the sleeper.

Negative. Common theory is that Jon is the son of Lyanna (Stark) and Rhaegar (Targaryen.) I could go into reasons for this theory if you wish. I'm sure you'll find it makes more sense than Ned having an affair given his hangup on honor and how haunted he is by Lyanna's deathbed wish.

Google R+L=J

I had no idea that the episode would be the Red Wedding episode so I was watching it and then as it got closer to the end I clued in and was like noooooooooo. I'm still in denial that it happened D:

Awards

Same here . . . And I guess I'm in for even more surprises next episode . . . .

Yup. This show keeps getting better and better with each episode.

Awards

I thought this episode was very well done, I have read the books and was looking forward to seeing how they would adapt it. It was as hard to watch as it was to read so job well done HBO.

I don't mind how they are adapting the book to screen so far. As long as they keep the major points and my favorite parts in I will be happy. Looking forward to the finale but dreading the 40-42 weeks until next season after that.

Awards

I thought that picture was share worthy :P

In a horrible way, it was PERFECT. ;)

I went to the book store (you remember those right?) and held the five books in my hand . . . . They did not make it home with me. (I'll probably get the Kindle version.)