MadCast: Epic

Game of Thrones....

Best show on the planet my favorite story line is Danny's i think it is such a interesting story line i cant wait to see what happens.

I can't wait to watch Oberyn and Gregor carve each other up.

This is going to be my most anticipated scene of this season. My fucking god, it's going to be so sweet.

Awards

This show makes me want to get my own Hand.   I'm thinking about dubbing my cat Hand of the House of O.

Awards

I mean, there are several scenes that are either so iconic from the books (as I alluded to above) or some scenes that are so obviously on the horizon (what every other GoT flash game is about, heh heh Jeoffrey), that this season promises to really deliver, but there are some other events/developments that I'm looking forward to.

I'm not gonna hide what's coming, but they could be seen as slightly spoiler-ish, so be warned.

Probably the number one thing I'm looking forward to this scene beyond the visceral satisfaction found in certain folks getting their just desserts is the growing relationship between Jaime and Brienne.  One of the few aspects from the books that didn't sorely need an editor, the relationship between Jaime and Brienne both pays respect to common cliche as well as paving a unique ground.  Jaime, a character who at the outset of A Song of Ice and Fire is both superficial and adept (only Ned Stark, Arthur Dayne, Robert Baratheon in his prime, and perhaps Bronn can claim to be his equal in combat) who is already under a significant character development arc when he meets Brienne, has his skill stripped from him.  What is left are the principles that guided his hand on the day when he slew the Mad King  

Contrast Brienne, who ONLY had her principles and skill.  They come at it from different angles, with Jaime as the fallen star and Brienne slowly climbing, but they both come to a similar point in which they really only have the principles that guide them as Knights, and it makes for a wonderful character interaction.  Both actors are extremely comfortable in their roles, and I look forward to seeing both their interpretation and those of the adapting writers.

Peter Dinklage, the dark horse who absolutely steals whatever scene he is in, has perhaps the most daunting trials before him this season.  I won't go into much more, but he is an actor suited to the challenge.

What will be interesting is seeing how the show deals with the reality that a lot of what is set up in the first trio of books has yet to pay off as readers not-so-patiently wait for the 6th and 7th books.  There are still plenty of shattering events to put in the show, but the books have yet to deliver on some of the foundational conflicts.

::NOT HIDING THIS, COULD BE SEEN AS SPOILER::

One of the most intriguing story lines in am ready to see is the exploits of Aria in Bravvos and the time Sansa spends in the Vale. Of course there is also the traveling Bran does beyond the wall also. This world does a good job of creating a thirst for Stark story and it is almost an obsession to hold your breath for a redemption/happy ending for one of them.

Has anyone else gotten as far as they could in the books/show and found they love the people they thought they hated in the beginning?

Awards

What does George RR Martin have with weddings?

Awesome ep this week. Easily one of the best!

Edited by MadCast: ScarFace