MadCast: Epic

Game of Thrones....

I love Game of Thrones. I am reading the all the books to A Song of Ice And Fire (Game of Thrones is the first book to the series) George Martin is great at setting up this world and is great with foreshadowing. I just finished A Feast for Crows Monday. Kinda mad this season is straying away from the book but I can see how it will pull back together in the end.

well it has thoroughly convinced me that i have to read the book series. The first season was without a doubt the best HBO series of all time. the only Action TV series that i feel trumps this one is perhaps Spartucus: Blood and Sand. I suggest this TV show to anyone who is willing to have there mind blown. Now the second season is not as good as the first but it still has time to change my mind

I am really interested to see where the TV Series is going to go with their change in direction from the books, as those of you who have read the books know how event have played out.

Im ok that they are moving away from the books (although I havent read them yet, so what do I know?) because that way they can continue the show if it remains popular even if the books end.

I love the show though. Everything about it is great.

Awards

One of the more interesting discussions I read had to do with the aging of the child actors. They've had to move away from the 1 book = 1 year approach because the kids they have cast are aging too fast. Some of the actors they hired mitigated this (really young looking 20 year olds, such as James Snow) but for the younger kids it may have to either be a re-cast or pray they don't hit puberty too fast. That being said, the books are awesome (WHO DIES? EVERYONE, THAT'S WHO! ~ damn you George!) and I can't wait to find the time this summer to digest both seasons back to back. Also, copious amounts of boobies.

Some of the actors they hired mitigated this (really young looking 20 year olds, such as James Snow) .

jon snow? Its a great series ive read all the books up to dance with dragons wich im currently reading. The depth of detail that the story goes into is just amazing. I also love all teh twists and plots that happen. Its everyone trying to outhink eachother. Although after the first episode of season 2 it doesnt seem like they are getting away from the story. Im really enjoying this series and jon snow is my favorite character. also the aging of the characters i think makes some diffrence based on the fact that daenyrs isnt the age she is in the book. anyways great read.

Im really enjoying this series and jon snow is my favorite character. also the aging of the characters i think makes some diffrence based on the fact that daenyrs isnt the age she is in the book
I think Jon Snow has the best Role in the book and i am very interested in his story but the actor seems like a whiny bitch. My Favorite character is terian lannister because come on lets face it a midget that can smack the king around and get laid as much as he wants to should just be everyone's idle.

i think jon snow has the best role in the book and i am very interested in his story but the actor seems like a whiny bitch. My favorite character is terian lannister because come on lets face it a midget that can smack the king around and get laid as much as he wants to should just be everyone's idle.

amen

Tyrion is one of my favorites as well. Jaime would be too but he bangs his sister and that is just repulsive. As for the second season, I found that the second book was slow as well. (at least until the end but I don't want to give anything away).

Which book is you guys's favorite? Mine is A Storm of Swords. The third season should be most epic.

I've been looking at it, and planning to watch it but work and life hates me so I never get around to it XD. Good news though, it originates from the book like most other good shows, so I already checked at Barnes and Nobles and plan on picking it up there.

Or if nothing else, since there aren't many seasons yet, I might just buy the seasons as they come out and watch it that way.

Awards

Well i am watching all episodes again, im on season 2 episode 6 right now kinda nice watching it without any wait. Watching it a second time through caused me to buy all of the books which will be here in less then a week. I have a feeling my gaming life will take a huge hit in a week.

I've seen maybe 7 or 8 episodes into season 2. Dont get me wrong, its a great series with an alluring story line, and who doesnt enjoy that lovely intro? But did anyone else often find it to be predictable from time to time?

70% of the time I could often accurately figure what would happen in the future. But I guess that in itself was enjoyable incentive to be hooked in order to watch and see if those predictions turned out.

By the way, Id have to say my new favorite character is Brienne the female knight with Jorah Mormont, daenerys' queensguard, in close second. Their sense of duty and honor is upholding. Reminds me of a character named Lavitz from an old RPG favorite Legend of Dragoon. Although I cant be sure if Jorah is just in it for Daenny.

Edited by MadCast: Cowboy Bebop

Awards

(A bit of a necro, but I'd rather not start a new thread.)

Spoiler alert if you are not caught up.

Although I quite enjoy the series, I was somewhat disappointing with the next to last episode, but this last episode ended quite unexpectedly (I have not read the books, so I do not know what to expect, and I like it.) I had thought that the Starks were the show . . . I guess I was wrong, at least for the grown ups.

I do not know or quite understand what is going on with Theon Greyjoy. It looked like he got his kibbles and bits torn off, but who is doing this to him, and why?

For those that have read the books, should I read them before the next season, or should I wait till the series is over?

(A bit of a necro, but I'd rather not start a new thread.)

Spoiler alert if you are not caught up.

Although I quite enjoy the series, I was somewhat disappointing with the next to last episode, but this last episode ended quite unexpectedly (I have not read the books, so I do not know what to expect, and I like it.) I had thought that the Starks were the show . . . I guess I was wrong, at least for the grown ups.

I do not know or quite understand what is going on with Theon Greyjoy. It looked like he got his kibbles and bits torn off, but who is doing this to him, and why?

For those that have read the books, should I read them before the next season, or should I wait till the series is over?

I will not spoil the "joy" that is Theon Greyjoy for you just yet. However, I would read them during the off season that is coming up here soon. Read the first two books, and by the time the season picks up you should be at the third.