MadCast Tort

Member to Member Award Nominations

I have been kind of slack on keeping up with MadCast awards and had this idea to let you guys nominate each other for the awards. You can find the awards list here: I am open to new award recommendations but they need to be more than one-person specific so we can use it again. You must be a Full Member to nominate someone.

If you post something like "because he is awesome" it probably will not yield an award. I am sure everyone here can think of a good reason to nominate someone else for something. Please do not nominate yourself. This is strictly a FM to FM kind of thing as admins have their own thread in the admin forums to recommend people for awards. Let's see how this goes...

Edited by MadCast: Jobotoo
Updated link to correctly go to awards.

Alright guys, let's try this again, I will even make it easier...

Just reply to this thread with a story / comment about how someone in the last few weeks or months has done something for you to help you (personal, work, gaming, etc). It can be anything so long as it is tied to madcast somehow.

It is important that we recognize GOOD behavior as much as BAD behavior. If someone did something nice for you, then the least you can do is publicly thank them and recognize them. Come on! Let's get this going.

I will second Tort's request and in doing so state the following: the good things we do for each other entirely too often go unrecognized and underappreciated. There are people in this community - quite a few of them, actually - who go the extra mile to make people feel welcome and to help them in times of need. This is your opportunity to make sure these people get the recognition they deserve. It's easy to get dragged down by the negativity in our lives. It's harder to exert an effort to make sure that good things get rewarded. If you have such people in mind, please take the 30 seconds to see that those people are appreciated for what they do.

Kloppity stayed up all night just to be apart of the MadCast Open #3. even bought drinks just to stay up.

MadCast: Akisuke deserves a fellowship badge as well methinks. He gifted me a copy of Civ 5 just because. I believe Darksplinter did the same to Cinchil.

I was aware of Dark's, and he received one. Let me get one to MadCast: Akisuke. Thanks for sharing!

I would like to nominate myself for most AFK from gaming in a months time. Can we call it AFK badge? LOL seriously I do remember giving a free BF3 key to meatwad on 12/2011, so he could play the game with everyone.

And I'm proud to say that I have an award no one will ever get unless we have another knifing challange :fruit:

Edited by MadCast: Anarchyx0ps

I was very inactive on the forums for quite sometime and just got my password reset so I can get back on here so I just saw this now. Anarchy is correct and does deserve a fellowship badge as he did give me a copy of BF3 fo' free.

Awards

Meatwad, Sleepcoma, and Stripper should be considered for Server Idler Commendation. During the big AWOL period these last few weeks I could consistently find them on TS and GW2. This was when the guild only showed 2-4 people online during the weekday afternoons.

Awards

I was very inactive on the forums for quite sometime and just got my password reset so I can get back on here so I just saw this now. Anarchy is correct and does deserve a fellowship badge as he did give me a copy of BF3 fo' free.

Thanks for sharing MadCast: meatwad. He has been awarded the badge.

Meatwad, Sleepcoma, and Stripper should be considered for Server Idler Commendation. During the big AWOL period these last few weeks I could consistently find them on TS and GW2. This was when the guild only showed 2-4 people online during the weekday afternoons.

Done.

Keep the good vibes coming folks!!!

Crab_Battle, without asking him, gave me a promotional key to get borderlands 2 for $43 instead of $60, which can also be used on the DLC's. I think I owe him dinner or something but yes, he deserves this nomination.

Crab_Battle, without asking him, gave me a promotional key to get borderlands 2 for $43 instead of $60, which can also be used on the DLC's. I think I owe him dinner or something but yes, he deserves this nomination.

Done/.

Reading posts has never been a strong suit for Anarchy. :laugh:

I take it no one got the humor in the badge I was awarding myself, knowing that it was a FM to FM nomination.:panda-bored:

And your right Tort... I mostly skim them lol.

I want to nominate Tort for the "Awesomest Maximus Award"

Trevman is long overdue for a Fellowship badge. When Orion: Dino Beatdown came out he bought not only a copy for himself but also myself, Malacca and pretty sure at least 2 other people despite the game being nigh unplayable for Malacca which none of us knew until we tried to play together. He showed no regret in being awesome and giving them out and trying to help with any possible fixes for us all by talking to the creation team. There was basically an entire night of him running around to get everyone the game and make it work if he could. /Nominating MadCast: Trev "Trooper" man.

Not to make this derailed just full explanation for future quoting references.

Can we also do self nominations? I mean Anarchy did it and since it is "FM to FM" It is technically possible. Saying please don't nominate yourself sounds like you shouldn't but can. If there is valid reasoning/proof via either a PM to you or in the post itself would that be sufficient?

Edited by MadCast: Eternia
Merging of posts + additional depth

Trevman is long overdue for a Fellowship badge. When Orion: Dino Beatdown came out he bought not only a copy for himself but also myself, Malacca and pretty sure at least 2 other people despite the game being nigh unplayable for Malacca which none of us knew until we tried to play together. He showed no regret in being awesome and giving them out and trying to help with any possible fixes for us all by talking to the creation team. There was basically an entire night of him running around to get everyone the game and make it work if he could. /Nominating MadCast: Trev "Trooper" man.

I second this. I also received a copy of Orion: Dino Beatdown from Trevman. My game needs to be updated though :/

I would like to nominate MadCast: Anillo for two awards.

The first award, is a Fellowship Award for gifting me a copy of Diablo 2 that he had bought, just for me to not feel left out when the servers were down.

The second award, is a MadCast Media Team Award for the tireless work he had done when working on a new MadCast promotional video for Prince. He really did an astounding amount of work and did not expect anything in return.

Anillo is just a really swell guy.

I want to nominate MadCast: Eternia for an Outstanding Written Work award, due to his League of Legends guide here.

It is one of the most in-depth guides that we have, and was actually posted months ago. I figure that I got one of these for my Blitz guide awhile back, so he should get one as well.