MadCast Tort

Member to Member Award Nominations

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to preface this award nomination with two stories. One is about the Christmas of 2015, and the other is about the Christmas of 2016. 

Story #1

In 2015, I went through some rough relationship stuff. I have very little in the way of family, and I was an emotional wreck on Christmas day. I had no gifts from my family, friends, or acquaintances. I felt very alone, tired, and it was one of the most despairing days of my life. I was half heartedly browsing the web looking for an escape from my own thoughts. I was also on TeamSpeak...alone.  Until @MadCast: Scooba hopped in the channel. We spoke and I was greatly surprised by his compassion for my situation. Though he didn't have much time to spare, he gave me a gift card code for Battle.net, kind words, and some encouragement.  We haven't spoken about that since, but it was one of the most kind things anyone could have done for me on any day, much less Christmas. 

Story #2

As this past Christmas was approaching, I saw many similar signs of a repeat of my terrible Christmas last year. I decided to make use of all of that time and some savings to make arrangements near Camp Pendleton. I volunteered with the Wounded Warrior Program, a local homeless shelter, and a local (to Camp Pendleton) children's Christmas foundation in San Diego.  I am delighted to say that the Vets and active duty service members, homeless, and children of the area had a brighter holiday because of the effort of the people who I have volunteered with for the past two weeks. I also had the honor of seeing a couple of former colleagues from my time in the Marines. I had a great time. 

Both of these stories are necessary because I want you all to understand how profound of an impact @MadCast: Scooba's actions had on me in the waning days of 2015.  His continued support of MadCast, MadCast Angel, and the people who play games with him are a necessary and vital reminder of what this gaming community is all about. He inspired my actions over the past couple of weeks.

Because of the impact he's had on me and many more, I nominate @MadCast: Scooba for the Legendary Hero Award.

When we do eventually meet at a MadCast get-together, you sir, will have a well deserved beer on me.

Edited by MadCast: Stan

On 1/2/2017 at 7:06 AM, MadCast: Stan said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to preface this award nomination with two stories. One is about the Christmas of 2015, and the other is about the Christmas of 2016. 

Story #1

In 2015, I went through some rough relationship stuff. I have very little in the way of family, and I was an emotional wreck on Christmas day. I had no gifts from my family, friends, or acquaintances. I felt very alone, tired, and it was one of the most despairing days of my life. I was half heartedly browsing the web looking for an escape from my own thoughts. I was also on TeamSpeak...alone.  Until @MadCast: Scooba hopped in the channel. We spoke and I was greatly surprised by his compassion for my situation. Though he didn't have much time to spare, he gave me a gift card code for Battle.net, kind words, and some encouragement.  We haven't spoken about that since, but it was one of the most kind things anyone could have done for me on any day, much less Christmas. 

Story #2

As this past Christmas was approaching, I saw many similar signs of a repeat of my terrible Christmas last year. I decided to make use of all of that time and some savings to make arrangements near Camp Pendleton. I volunteered with the Wounded Warrior Program, a local homeless shelter, and a local (to Camp Pendleton) children's Christmas foundation in San Diego.  I am delighted to say that the Vets and active duty service members, homeless, and children of the area had a brighter holiday because of the effort of the people who I have volunteered with for the past two weeks. I also had the honor of seeing a couple of former colleagues from my time in the Marines. I had a great time. 

Both of these stories are necessary because I want you all to understand how profound of an impact @MadCast: Scooba's actions had on me in the waning days of 2015.  His continued support of MadCast, MadCast Angel, and the people who play games with him are a necessary and vital reminder of what this gaming community is all about. He inspired my actions over the past couple of weeks.

Because of the impact he's had on me and many more, I nominate @MadCast: Scooba for the Legendary Hero Award.

When we do eventually meet at a MadCast get-together, you sir, will have a well deserved beer on me.

Awarded.

@MadCast Maday, the link listing awards does not work. 

I would like to nominate @MadCast: Cookie for an appropriate badge that honors her dedication when it comes to all things graphics. Her custom signatures and home page banners are fantastic. 

4 minutes ago, MadCast: Stan said:

@MadCast Maday, the link listing awards does not work. 

I would like to nominate @MadCast: Cookie for an appropriate badge that honors her dedication when it comes to all things graphics. Her custom signatures and home page banners are fantastic. 

I completely agree, and that is why I awarded Cookie the Graphic Artistry Award on March 30, 2016. You can see Cookie's awards HERE. 

You can also see all awards available at MadCast HERE.

Edited by MadCast: Jobotoo

@MadCast: Aeryx and I will be doing some work on this front, getting some recognition out to the people who help make MadCast a place worth being.

We have fallen a bit behind on awards lately, but will be working to rectify it.

If you know of a member that you feel should receive an award, drop a post in this thread listing their name and a reason for it.

We will also be creating new awards where applicable.

Spread the love guys and gals!

34 minutes ago, MadCast: Baal said:

We have fallen a bit behind on awards lately, but will be working to rectify it.

Please take some time and visit the section of our website for awards:

https://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/awards/?controller=index

If you feel that you've earned a specific award please let us know!

I would like to nominate:

Thank you for your continued efforts for MadCast.

5 hours ago, MadCast: Epic said:

Thank you for your continued efforts for MadCast.

Ribbons distributed

As Epic said, thank you. All of your efforts help enrich this community and are greatly appreciated.

• @MadCast: MaroModo for the Fellowship Bronze (Silver if you think it is big enough) Oakleaf, for stepping up and saving a MadCast League game. He was willing to play on Racer's team of 4 to balance it and prevent a forfeit. He helped make the game fun and competitive for the people involved and for that I would like to give him a small token of thanks.

I would like to nominate MadCast: Epic for an upgrade from bronze to Silver Fellowship.

Over the years regardless of positions he's held Mr. Epic has a run countless events official and otherwise , assisted/ headed in game training , been a kind soul who lifts the spirits of those around him (myself especially), gone out of his way to make sure others shine when they might be over looked , and figuratively bled MadCast blue all these years. He's been proven and badged as the glue that helps hold this community together. Hell his list of accomplishments speak to the body of the work he's put into this community and a promotion to silver seems well overdue .  

Awards

On 5/29/2018 at 12:21 PM, MadCast: narucabra said:

I would like to nominate MadCast: Epic for an upgrade from bronze to Silver Fellowship.

Over the years regardless of positions he's held Mr. Epic has a run countless events official and otherwise , assisted/ headed in game training , been a kind soul who lifts the spirits of those around him (myself especially), gone out of his way to make sure others shine when they might be over looked , and figuratively bled MadCast blue all these years. He's been proven and badged as the glue that helps hold this community together. Hell his list of accomplishments speak to the body of the work he's put into this community and a promotion to silver seems well overdue .  

I haven't been able to catch you on Discord, but thank you for the kind words Naru. 

Not sure what award would qualify best, but I nominate Support Welfare for generally being a great guy. He patiently got me into this group and helped me make some new friends who I already value greatly. Even before Madcast, he lived up to his name of Support and is generally a very positive guy to play games with. He builds up your confidence and is honest with criticisms so you can improve. Truly someone that almost anyone could get along with and enjoy the company of.

15 hours ago, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

Not sure what award would qualify best, but I nominate Support Welfare for generally being a great guy. He patiently got me into this group and helped me make some new friends who I already value greatly. Even before Madcast, he lived up to his name of Support and is generally a very positive guy to play games with. He builds up your confidence and is honest with criticisms so you can improve. Truly someone that almost anyone could get along with and enjoy the company of.

Sounds like a Fellowship Commendation to me.

On 7/19/2018 at 6:04 PM, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

Thank you very much for your kind words.  I'll try to continue to be annoyingly helpful.  =)