MadCast Tort

Member to Member Award Nominations

I'd like to nominate @MadCast: Namflow for a fellowship award. Went above and beyond in helping run an entire LoL team, helped me learn new things, (which is indicative to the title of the event,) but also had a 1 on 1 with me afterwards about a few key points towards the happenings of that night. (e.g. how to word things, how to be heard, and just in general how to be a better person.) 

Definitely went above and beyond for a MadCaster. 11/10.

7 hours ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

I'd like to nominate @MadCast: Namflow for a fellowship award. Went above and beyond in helping run an entire LoL team, helped me learn new things, (which is indicative to the title of the event,) but also had a 1 on 1 with me afterwards about a few key points towards the happenings of that night. (e.g. how to word things, how to be heard, and just in general how to be a better person.) 

Definitely went above and beyond for a MadCaster. 11/10.

@MadCast: Namflow has been given the Sensei award for his teaching efforts. 

I'd like to nominate @MadCast: RedJustice for some type of award ( I don't know which or if she has it already). I previously spoke with her about helping me with my resume and found her in Discord last night. She asked me to send it to her on google docs, which she guided me through. I thought I was dropping it off , she'd check it out in a few days, get back to me in a week , etc...  Red literally stopped whatever she was doing and decided to walk me through, step by step, until we had completely renovated my entire resume. The whole process took around 30-40 minutes or more and I was shocked (but happy!) that she took that much time and attention to work with me on something that was neither beneficial nor enjoyable to her!

Red deserves the shout-out if nothing else is applicable.

Again, thank you so much! You are awesome!

Edited by MadCast: Usefully Useless

Awards

18 hours ago, MadCast: Usefully Useless said:

I'd like to nominate @MadCast: RedJustice for some type of award ( I don't know which or if she has it already). I previously spoke with her about helping me with my resume and found her in Discord last night. She asked me to send it to her on google docs, which she guided me through. I thought I was dropping it off , she'd check it out in a few days, get back to me in a week , etc...  Red literally stopped whatever she was doing and decided to walk me through, step by step, until we had completely renovated my entire resume. The whole process took around 30-40 minutes or more and I was shocked (but happy!) that she took that much time and attention to work with me on something that was neither beneficial nor enjoyable to her!

I had a similar experience and agree that she deserves a bigger thank-you.
@MadCast: RedJustice has been awarded the Fellowship Bronze Oakleaf. She already has the Silver Oakleaf (?), Help Desk, and Sensei awards.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:00 PM, MadCast: Usefully Useless said:

On 3/14/2019 at 9:38 AM, MadCast: Kitty Stark said:

I had a similar experience and agree that she deserves a bigger thank-you.
@MadCast: RedJustice has been awarded the Fellowship Bronze Oakleaf. She already has the Silver Oakleaf (?), Help Desk, and Sensei awards.

If you two (or anyone else) is wondering why there seems to be no award encompasing the outreach and support that Red provides to our community: She already has the highest honor we can award her. The Legendary Hero award.

Otherwise we'd be setting the bar too high to keep up to her and all the awards she'd be getting. 

On 3/22/2019 at 7:35 AM, MadCast: Baal said:

@MadCast: Wazap Outcast already has his fellowship ribbon, but thank you for the nomination.

Doesn't mean the man can't be given the Fellowship Bronze Oakleaf, does it? I would support that nomination for Outcast.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:01 PM, MadCast: Wazap said:

I nominate @MadCast: The Öutcast for the Fellowship Commendation award. He kept his cool during a couple of rough game and help to de-escalate a bad situation during one of them while maintaining a friendly demeanor.

@MadCast: The Öutcast has been awarded the Fellowship Bronze Oakleaf for continuing to be an exemplary member of our community.

I'd like to nominate @MadCast: Support Welfare for the Leveler Assistance Recognition for spending hours helping me get acclimated to WarFrame. 

I'd like to nominate the entire SFM team who contributed to this thread for the Copious Content Creator Award.  I can only read what @MadCast: RedJustice wrote and @MadCast: Epic's discord posts but it was well done and entertaining and I'm sure a lot of work for all.

I would like to nominate @MadCast: Shattered for the Community Glue award. He has held together Other games for quite some time now, and even reaches out to Main games, like League of legends(See the ONLY team signed up for the MadCast open). 

I want to nominate @MadCast: doublestufforeo.  I am not sure which award but he has spent the last two weeks helping me find some new cookware based on a thread I had started and has spent a lot of his own time googling and searching for just the right set for me.  I can not stress how much I appreciate the help he has given me.  He deserves an award for being helpful and his teaching of how to care and what to look for in this stuff.

6 hours ago, MadCast: Sotarkadin said:

I want to nominate @MadCast: doublestufforeo.  I am not sure which award but he has spent the last two weeks helping me find some new cookware based on a thread I had started and has spent a lot of his own time googling and searching for just the right set for me.  I can not stress how much I appreciate the help he has given me.  He deserves an award for being helpful and his teaching of how to care and what to look for in this stuff.

I think your intent is the Fellowship award, and I concur with you. 

Allow me to compile my 4 month associate and 1 month candidacy period into one thread.

I'd like to first and foremost nominate @MadCast: Shattered and @MadCast: Silencer for Recruiter Commendation.

These two idiots are the reason I ended up here. Even if it were by pure chance that I stumbled into Madcast, Shattered and Silencer are the reason I stuck around until I met a lot of the other people here. They put up with my shit almost daily for 5 months. That's better than at least 50% of my relationships.

I'd like to make a quick shoutout to @MadCast: Epic for reaching out to me one morning to ask me when I was going to apply to be a full member. Even though we had no previous correspondences, he saw that I was active on the discord and reached out to me. I'd nominate you as well but at this point, what badge do you not have?

I understand Shattered already has one; if there's a counter for it, let this be a +1 to that counter so that he may eventually get the Recruiter Bronze Oakleaf.

In regards to @MadCast: Shattered, I'd like to nominate him for the Server Idler Commendation badge.

I can't even remember all of the times I opened up Discord to see Shattered chillin' in a room by himself either watching hockey or playing random games.

I'll join to keep his lonely ass company, and then Silencer will come out of the woodworks, and eventually we get a group of guys just hanging out.

This exact situation has happened countless times. 

Also for @MadCast: Silencer, I'd like to nominate him for the Graphic Artistry Award.

I believe he's made Snolotus' Apex Legends banner, and also picked up the role of creating the League of Legends Open Tourney logo that's coming up.

I'd also like to nominate @MadCast: CoachRivers for the Master Event Planner badge.

For everything he's done for the Madcast's Rocket League community, but for the purposes of the badge, for running Rocket League Mafia event weekly for the past month or two now. On top of these scheduled events, whenever we have enough people we'll set up an impromptu RLMafia session. I believe he easily deserves it.

Thank you.

I would like to nominate @MadCast: Wazap for the Sensei Award and Leveler Assistance Recognition since he's spent several hours helping me farm for items and teaching me how to Monster Hunt properly. Thanks to him, I can actually play the game without instantly dying. Thanks Waz! 

On the same note, I would like to nominate @MadCast: Akisuke for the Leveler Assistance Recognition since he has also been helping me out with lower level hunts to farm for items.  Thanks Aki! 😁

I would like to nominate @MadCast: CoachRivers

Sensei: Any member or non member that has played rocket league at a lower level knows this guys is always there to try and help out the newer players. He has additionally helped many new players to our first rotational game runescape by giving advice, easy access to tools, and even running with people to help them quest.

Event Engineer 2: He is the founder of our mafia games and runs some additional rocket league tournaments on the side along with helping me in whatever I'm running at the time.

Ready Player One: hes been playing Rocket League since the beginning and now its become one of our top games and best ways to bring new people to MadCast.

Recruitment Commendation: Coach has been the reason a lot of our newer members have applied for full membership and a big reason most have made it through with his guidance.

Community Glue: helps in many forums, even before an admin. Main guy behind the RL bot and the LoL bot, bringing members together, making events, even jumping into new events such as "shattered first rotational game" and giving out a few memberships.

Jack of All Trades: Much like i stated in the community glue nomination, this guy does it all. Coach has brought many new faces to us and given us a lot of new events and even bots to run them. He doesnt only do this for a single game like rocket league but for league of legends and other more shorter term games.

I would like to nominate @MadCast: QuantaMentat

Server Idler: This guy is always around just  "hanging out". He may not even be playing your game but he'll come and hang out.

Community Glue: Just recently Quanta has donated A LOT of his personal time to develop a sophisticated bot to help give not only discord stats but also website stats on only a simple command in discord. this is huge and in practice will save a lot of time for admins and overall helps MadCast.

All awards are now up to date minus the following:

On 8/25/2019 at 7:38 PM, MadCast: Shattered said:

Community Glue: Just recently Quanta has donated A LOT of his personal time to develop a sophisticated bot to help give not only discord stats but also website stats on only a simple command in discord. this is huge and in practice will save a lot of time for admins and overall helps MadCast.

This would not fit under Community Glue.  I think it should be a seperate award for work on MadCast assets in some way shape or form.  I'd be open to entertaining suggestions for a title and description for this award.

On 8/29/2019 at 3:03 PM, MadCast: Support Welfare said:

This would not fit under Community Glue.  I think it should be a seperate award for work on MadCast assets in some way shape or form.  I'd be open to entertaining suggestions for a title and description for this award.

a "MadCast Developer" award would be fitting for this.

Too sick at the moment to look for what award, if another gets back in time before I peruse I'd like to nominate @MadCast: Support Welfare for cleaning up that More Games forum. It makes me so happy to see. (Also big props to anyone who was behind the scenes on that as well.)

18 hours ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

Too sick at the moment to look for what award, if another gets back in time before I peruse I'd like to nominate @MadCast: Support Welfare for cleaning up that More Games forum. It makes me so happy to see. (Also big props to anyone who was behind the scenes on that as well.)

I would like to piggyback this to specify that I think Support is deserving of the Jack of All Trades badge for his consistent openness to both necessary and voluntary actions (no matter the box they belong in) to make MadCast a better place for people, even if it only benefited one person.

I mentioned this the other night, but we have an outstanding FM and outstanding RFM award right?  Well, I think we need an outstanding SFM award, that should go to @MadCast: Support Welfare.  He's stepped up into this new role and a done a lot for the community so far, both in plain sight and behind the scenes.

Awards

I'd like to nominate @MadCast: Kitty Stark for some sort of humanitarian award. Just an outstanding person, helping me get through an extremely rough time in my life. 

7 hours ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

I'd like to nominate @MadCast: Kitty Stark for some sort of humanitarian award. Just an outstanding person, helping me get through an extremely rough time in my life. 

I do believe the "Fellowship" awards would be fitting for this, to which she has gained the bronze as well as the silver already but I fully agree with you DSO, she is a very good friend.